Not happy with my current weight. Will weight gain ruin my augmentation? (photos)

B4 kids my norm was 110lbs. When I was prego I got up to 125. If I gain 10, 15 maybe even 20lbs would this ruin my augmentation? I plan on keeping my flat tummy but I'd like to gain weight in my upper chest, arms, thighs & tushie! I naturally have bigger thighs & when i gain weight that's where it goes (& tush) I can NEVER gain upper body weight but I'm going to buckle down & really try to do this. I've got400 &475cc round smooth GummyBears unders. 5'7.5" 105lbs, 30,24,34 pre op. Current bust ??

“Will weight gain ruin my augmentation.”

Weight gain of 20 pounds could affect the breasts appearance but likely not ruin your augmentation. I wish you the best of luck.

Weight gain post BA

Weight gain to the breast area should not be a problem. Often weight loss can negatively affect the appearance of breast implants but not usually weight gain.

All the best 

Will gaining weight affect my breast augmentation result?

Gaining weight can effect your breast augmentation result but it depends on how much weight you gain and where you distribute your "extra weight".  Some people will gain more weight in their breasts while other women gain very little in their breasts.  Unfortunately as you alluded to we cannot tell our body where to gain weight.  You will likely not notice a change in your result with a 5-10 pound weight gain but if your were to gain 50-60 pounds you would likely notice a change in size and shape to your breasts and chest.  Best of luck getting the results you desire with your body overall.

Weight gain

Gaining 10 pounds may not make much difference in your size. In some women, 10-20 pound weight gain still makes little difference. Do remember with weight gain, you don't get to choose where the weight goes. If you want larger arms, consider weight training instead.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Weight gain after augmentation

I think when thin patients gain a little weight their augmentation can actually look a little better, but extreme fluctuations in either direction can have more potential for leaving you less happy. For example, if you typically put on weight in your hips and buttock you may feel you need a larger implant if you put on a lot of weight for balance. My guess is that with a few pounds you will be just fine, and if you get to the point you are not happy with your body, loosing some would be fairly easy for you.

Stacey Folk, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Weight gain post BA

The quick answer is YES...but it depends on how much weight we are talking about.  A weight gain of 5-15 lbs will make no difference overall, but a weight gain of greater than 40 to 50 lbs will.  The implants that you chose is based on your breast dimensions as of today.  Dramatic weight gain will change your breast dimensions and lead to breasts that are droopy, thick, and appear less youthful.  Hope this helps.
Dr Vasisht
South Shore Plastic Surgery

Bhupesh Vasisht, MD
Voorhees Plastic Surgeon

Will weight gain ruin your augmentation

Thank you for your question.  Generally, gaining or losing a bit of weight won't change your augmentation results, aside from your breasts growing slightly or shrinking slightly.  Especially if you're trying to gain weight in specific areas by working in the gym.

The implants will still remain in their position, they will just have a little more tissue coverage around them if you gain weight (either fat or muscle).

Good luck in your transformation!

Dr. Seth

Weight changes and surgery

Thank you for your post. I doubt a weight gain of 10-15lbs in your case would make a drastic difference in the beauty of your augmentation. The goal is to stay healthy, eating a balanced diet, and getting regular exercise. You appear to have a very nice result now, so just get to a comfortable weight and routine that meets your lifestyle needs. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

Will weight gain ruin my augmentation?

Thank you for the question. It is hard to predict exactly how your breasts will change with weight gain;  I do not think that you have to worry about  "ruining" your breast augmentation procedure with the weight gain.  Best wishes.