Full/mini tummy tuck or lipo and lift or implants? (Photos)

I'm just beginning to research mommy makeovers, and have a few consults set up in the upcoming weeks. But, until then, I would love some opinions on what work to get done. I'm not sure if a tummy tuck or lipo would be more beneficial. I would love the least invasive possible, of course. I'm thinking either a lift or implants as well. I'm not in love with the idea of something "foreign" being inside my body, but my breasts are definitely different after children!

Abdominoplasty is an invasive procedure, but also very effective.

You are a candidate for both liposuction and a tummy tuck. It is best if you are well informed as to what to expect from either procedure. In 90% of my tummy tuck patients I do liposuction simultaneously. Yes, you could benefit from a vertical breast lift. Implants help with upper pole fullness. You can choose saline implants if you are nervous (if they ever leak it is just water) about a foreign body. Of course you know that you are a bit overweight and weight loss will accentuate the result. I've attached a link to my website in case you wish to read more. Yes, it's nice to have a minimally invasive procedure but you also want to choose the procedure that will be effective and not leave you disappointed. Be sure to choose an experienced surgeon and look at plenty of before and after photos.

Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

TT or lipo or both? Breast lift or implants

Hi eo84,

I think that you would be, in the future , a good candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction and a breast lift. I also think that it would be in your best interest to plan on losing some more weight before having these procedures. Not only would you have a better result, but you would also decrease your operative risk as well.

Please see a Board certified plastic surgeon in you are to discuss these procedures, as well as what you need to do in order to have the best results.

Dr. Christine Rodgers

Dr. Derby Sang

Thank you for your question and your photos.

you seem to be an excellent candidate for a TT combined with a lipo to remove excessive skin and mold your body figure, and a lift and if you would like a bigger size improve implants. i recommend you to contact or visit a board certified PS and go over your concerns.

Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Mommy makeover

Thank you for the photos and from them without an examination you appear to be a good candidate for an abdominoplasty and breast lift 

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

You look like a great candidate for a Tummy Tuck with a Breast Lift with or without Implant. 

there are different types of tummy tucks which one is right for me and how are they different from the other? There is a mini tummy tuck, tummy tuck and a vertical abdominoplasty. The appropriate procedure depends the amount and location of the excess skin. That's what your plastic surgeon will have to determine after the actual physical exam.

What are the basic tips to know if I need a breast augmentation or breast lift? It all depends on the position of the nipple on the breast. The further down the nipple is in relation to the fold the more the chances are the patient needs a lift.

The recommended BMI is less than 30. This is the recommendation of the American society of plastic surgery. The reason simply, is increased chance of complications. These include but limited to, pulmonary embolus, deep venous thrombosis, delayed wound healing and increase infection rate.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Mommy Makeover and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.

Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote possible. Please be mindful that the in person physical exam is the most important and could potentially alter your treatment plan.

Full/mini tummy tuck or lipo and lift or implants?

Thank you for your question. For your belly full TT with muscle tightening may give optimal results. For breasts , you have enough breast tissue so a breast lift will work. Implant can be added depending on your goals. Please consult with a board certified PS for evaluation.

Mommy Makeover

Many women combine full abdominoplasty with breast reshaping after having children. Your photos show that you have quite a bit of natural breast fullness, which may benefit from a lift or cosmetic reduction with or without implant augmentation.  If you are undergoing a controlled weight loss, I recommend that patients continue this until they plateau. Remember that the leaner you are before your surgery, the more any plastic surgeon can do to provide you with excellent results. I wish you all the best.

Michael F. Bohley, MD

Mommy Makeover

Your breasts are large and asymmetric in shape and size. You are a good candidate for a reduction/lift combination. Depending on the type of result you are looking for, implants may be necessary to enhance overall shape and upper pole fullness. 

As for you belly, you appear to have substantial muscle and skin laxity, making a full tummy tuck a priority to achieve a flat and tight belly. The only question I have is the amount of intra-abdominal fat you possess, as this would preclude a good result and would require some weight loss on your part before moving forward with the tummy tuck. 

Go visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Thank you for your question and photos. A mini tummy tuck is rarely indicated. Based on your photos, I would do a two stage procedure. It seems that your abdomen has a lot of fat (hard to tell if you have intra-abdominal fat as well without a physical examination), and doing a tummy tuck with this presentation will give you a very long scar and less than optimal results. I would suggest liposuction of the abdomen, back, waist and hips first, followed by a full tummy tuck and a vertical breast lift with fat grafting in the superior poles if you do not want an implant. In your case, a "least invasive possible" approach will give you the least improvement and results. See a board certified plastic surgeon experienced in advanced body sculpting techniques for an in person consultation/evaluation. Good luck.

Breast implants or lift? mini or full abdominoplasty for mommy-makeover

Hello. Thank you for your question and for posting photos to help guide our responses.

The first question I ask all of my patients regarding mommy makeovers is about their current body weight. Are you happy with your current body weight? If not, do you plan to lose weight? If so, what is your goal weight? These are important questions and the answers to these questions have a significant impact on your treatment plan.

The best treatment options for you will depend upon your goals and your findings on physical exam. A "mini-abdominoplasty" is essentially the same as a procedure called a "panniculectomy" where excess skin and fat is surgically excised from below the belly button only. A full abdominoplasty removes all of the excess skin from both the upper and lower abdomen. During this surgery, the six-pack muscles are brought back to the midline and repaired, which narrows the waist-line and strengthens the core. This has a longer recovery period than the mini but is a far more powerful procedure when it comes to the final outcome. Another option is a procedure called lipoabdominoplasty, were liposuction is performed at the same time as the abdominoplasty.

Mastopexy (breast lift) and breast augmentation (implant) are two different operations that can often be performed together. They achieve different things. Mastopexy is performed to improve the shape/contour of the breast while positioning the nipple in a more youthful position. It does little for restoring or creating volume in the upper pole of the breast. Breast augmentation can be use to increase the overall volume of a breast and/or create more upper pole fullness, or that "Victoria's Secret" shelf appearance that many people (but not all) desire.

If you are interested, the best thing you can do is find a local board certified plastic surgeon who will take the time to have a calm, non-rushed, and honest conversation with you.  

Good luck.

Joseph Brown, MD
Tampa Physician