Who should I go to for FTM chest maculation reconstruction? How much it generally is? Who takes insurance?

im a ftm trying to get information about the different procedures and costs. I currently live in Colorado springs, im also been on testosterone for 7 months now.
See average cost for FTM Chest Masculinization Surgery

To find doctors in your local area, please click here.

FTM top surgery

I have had great luck getting these procedures covered by insurance companies.  of course it depends on your coverage but its worth calling them to find out.  The method used is best determined by your surgeon.  Its VERY important that you do your research before choosing.  Be sure that you choose a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes in FTM top surgery and works closely with the transgender community. 

Thank you for your question. Depending on your breast size, the technique can vary. If you are quite small breasted, sometimes an incision around the nipple to remove the breast tissue is all that is needed. More commonly however, most FTM patient will require a double incision mastectomy with nipple grafting in order to achieve the look that they desire. I recommend you consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon who has experience in this procedure and can show you pre and post photos of several patients that they have done. As far as Insurance coverage goes, most insurance plans do cover female to male mastectomy surgery for gender affirmation although this can vary. Whether or not the doctor performing the surgery participates with the insurance will determine what additional fees are needed. In my practice, a self-pay FTM mastectomy and nipple reconstruction is approximately $7000-8000,  which includes anesthesia and surgery center costs. That being said, I do participate with some insurances so many of my patients are covered by their plans. Do your research and make sure you have your surgery done by someone with experience. Best regards.