I've had a facelift but there is very loose skin under my eyes and into my crows feet. What can be done?

Hello Cretee,
A facelift does not address the loose skin below the eyes.  That is addressed with a lower eyelid surgery.  For the crow's feet area if the lines only develop when you smile, then Botox or Dysport treats that.  If the lines are present at rest then a resurfacing procedure can help with that.  
I hope this helps and good luck.  

The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Loose Skin Under Eyes And Into Crow's Feet After Facelift

A face lift does not treat these areas. Potential treatment for lower eyelids and crow's feet could involve lasers, Botox, filler injections, lower eyelid lift, and brow lift. A detailed examination is required to evaluate your areas of concern and come up with the best plan to suit your goals. 

David S. Motoki, MD
Draper Plastic Surgeon

Under Eye Rejuvenation

Thanks for your question. Although you’ve had a facelift recently, that particular procedure doesn’t specifically address loose skin under the eyes and crows feet. I recommend scheduling a consultation regarding these concerns, so that a board certified facial plastic surgeon can make the best recommendation for you. Based on what you have described, you may be a good candidate for a surgical procedure called a blepharoplasty which can be performed on either the upper or lower eyelids. This would certainly improve loose skin under the eyes. For the crows feet, I often recommend Botox injections, as they are a very effective way to treat wrinkles that are commonly found in this area.  Best of luck!

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Loose eyelid skin after facelift

A facelift does not usually address the skin under the eyelids As a matter fact if there is a significant vertical vector in a facelift, as there should be it actually pushes skin up into the lower eyelid area. That is why it is quite common to do a lower eyelid surgery  called a blepharoplasty at the same time after the facelift is done  you need to have a consultation regarding your lower eyelids either with your previous surgeon or someone else.  The most likely solution for your issue is to remove skin from the lower eyelids with a blepharoplasty. However the exact needs for that area will have to be assessed at a consultation

Andrew Kaczynski, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Sometimes a lower lid pinch blepharoplasty can be done to take up some sking that gathers under the lower eyelid from a facelift.  Another option is to perform a lateral brow lift with an incision along the hairline to take up this skin.  Best wishes, Dr. T. 

Face lift didn't correct loose skin and crow's feet

Thank you for asking about your face lift.
  • A face lift will usually not include the eyes - although eye surgery can be done at the time of a face lifty.
  • Crows feet are best treated with Botox - they are caused by lower lid muscle pulling on the skin.
  • The excess lower lid skin usually needs surgery to remove excess skin and tighten the muscle.
  • Talk to your face lift plastic surgeon about these options.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Eyelid surgery and facelift

Thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern.
Lower eyelid surgery may remove the excess skin that resulted from lifting your cheek area. 
Finally, make sure that your doctor is aware of your process. He should be able to guide you best in your care.

Wishing you the best in your journey

Loose Skin After Facelift Can Be Corrected

Loose skin under eyes and crow's feet can be corrected: sometimes a touch-up lift may be needed, but most often these areas can be addressed with a skin tightening procedure using chemical peel, laser, IPL or JPlasma.

Paul C. Zwiebel, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question.  A lower blepharoplasty can address the loose skin under the eyes and botox can be injected for the crow's feet.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Hello, general options depending on your anatomy would include chemical peel, Laser resurfacing, Blepharoplasty....maybe filler. I would recommend evaluation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who can examine you and discuss options.