It's not too distracting, but I noticed one of my eyelids are lower than the other. Why? Can I fix it? (Photos)

(Same as above) It's not too distracting, but I noticed one of my eyelids are lower tan the other. Why? Can I fix it?

Eyelid asymmetry

Looks to me like you mostly have crease asymmetry, I don't really see ptosis. Your right lid has an outside crease that is a little higher than the inside crease on the left. I would recommend just a blepharoplasty on the left.

Fresno Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyelid ptosis

The subtle difference in your upper lids is due to eyelid ptosis on the right side. It is very common to have a subtle amount of ptosis, and everybody is asymmetric when comparing two sides.

There are procedures that can resolve this problem, and visiting with an experienced surgeon would be your best bet if this is something that you desire.

To ensure you are receiving the highest level of care, seek out a modernly trained, new-school dermatologic surgeon, oculoplastic surgeon, facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon who is board certified and fellowship trained in one of these "core four" cosmetic specialties.

Cameron Chesnut
#realself500 Physician

Cameron Chesnut, MD, FAAD, FACMS
Spokane Dermatologic Surgeon

This will require double fold surgery to fix.

There is no substitute for a personal assessment. Less is more.  You do have lash ptosis and the eyelid platform skin needs support.  You can just have the left eyelid operated on but it might make sense to operate on both eyelids.  The key is less is more.  

Mild Asymmetry

Hi SoapyPnutwaffle,

Thanks for your question and photos. Looking at your pictures, I can appreciate the difference in the lid position that you are noticing. You appear to have slightly more skin on your left upper lid than your right. But I believe this is because of an asymmetry of your brow position. Your left brow is approximately 1mm lower than your right and it is pushing the skin a bit further down on your lashes. This can be corrected with a conservative brow lift with or without a blepharoplasty at the same time. 

I would recommend an in-person consultation with a skilled oculofacial plastic surgeon in your area. Hope this helps!