Can I ask for detailing on my crown?

Im having a crown made , and the tooth used to come to a point, rather than a more flat bottom. i noticed my dental tech shaving that point off of my temp crown to make my bite more flat at the bottom rather than the natural "point" it came to. Can I ask for my permanent crown to have the point put back on it? Id just like to keep the symmetry and the natural look i had before.

Crown detail

Hi:

You can definitely can ask for a crown that has grooves and cusps that look natural.  It is best to pick a similar tooth either next to the crown or on the opposite side to match the details to.

Dr. Maddahi

Beverly Hills Dentist