Bone Graft for molar implant necessary?

One of my molars is supposed to be replaced by an implant. Had root canal/crown done 3 y ago, crown chipped recently and after X-rays dentist says it looks like root is fractured, but not sure. Oral surgeon wants to do extraction with immediate bone graft. Do I really need this or is it part of the money making? It's already a fortune without the bone graft and my insurance pays almost nothing.

Tooth implant

Bone grafting helps to preserve bone volume and implant can be placed in ideal position.If oral surgeon is planning for immediate implant then bone grafting is essential.

Implant, bone grafting

Hi:

Due to molars having multi roots, bone grafting will help against rapid resorption of the bone from the empty root sockets after an extraction.  I definitely recommend bone grafting to make sure you can have as wide and as long of an implant as possible.

Dr. Maddahi

Kourosh Maddahi, DDS
Beverly Hills Dentist

Socket Grafting after Extraction

If you want to maintain as much bone as possible and preserve the site for a future dental implant, it is advisable to have the socket grafted when the tooth is extracted.