Can I go bigger next time? (photos)

I underweight breast augmentation last year and have 213 cc's high profile silicone implants. I'm a little disappointed in the small size I received and wondered what thoughts doctors may have on my body and my possibility of undergoing a revision and going bigger? I am 5'2 and 110 lbs. I have some minor pectus (sp?) and asymmetry. I have also breastfed a child. I'm a little confused because I see other small women on here and most have received no less than 300 cc's. Thank you!!

Implant choice

I think you certainly could increase your implant size and still look proportional.  It's important to know how your current implant size was chosen.  Did you do pre-operative sizing?  How would you describe your ideal result?  You may benefit from having your implant position lowered slightly as well.  Good luck!

Breast revision

Now that your tissues have stretched out, it is likely that you can go a bit larger. Best to be seen in present determine this.

Larger size

You could definitely go to a larger implant if you wish.  It is a relatively simple procedure to place a larger implant.  If you feel that larger implants would benefit you, please talk to your surgeon who could help.

Shim Ching, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Replace ment of implants with larger ones is definitely possible.

Your breast look nice and I would be very careful about jeopardizing the result with reoperation.  Nevertheless, exchange to a larger set of implants is possible.

Wishes to go larger than 213 cc implants

Thank you for your question about your breast augmentation revision.

Your photo suggests you should be able to have larger implants.
  • The size presumably was based on the width of your chest.
  • But the photo suggests you have some medial (inner) space that is not filled.
  • If there is no space on your chest, a larger implant will fit but may end up wider than your chest.
  • Many women don't like this - but those who want larger breasts accept it for the larger size.
  • Talk to your plastic surgeon
  • If  he will not increase you size, get a second opinion. 

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Changing to larger breast implants after one year.

Once your tissues have relaxed around your recent implants it becomes much easier to relax them further at the time of your secondary surgery. I choose to determine the actual size of the implant during the procedure when I can determine how much expandability and distensability a patient has so that we don't overestimate or underestimate the needed volume for a size change with a nice contour.
Discuss your goals with your surgeon and make sure that you feel comfortable with the plan proposed to you. Regards,

Jon A Perlman MD FACS
Certified, Am Board of Plastic Surgery
Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV
Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Bigger is not enough

Yes, larger implants can be placed but I recommend a circumareola approach to reposition your breast tissue.Your nipples are pointing outward and your breasts are too far apart.I recommend a new technique called Breast Augmentation with The Horndeski Method™.Using a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant.Small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision.Implant profile is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral position since the muscle compresses it.Unfortunately, you have not told us your bra size but if you are 32 or 34 each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.If you are 36 or 38 each 200 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.From this, you can compute the volume required to achieve your desired goal.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon