Am I a good candidate for Tummy Tuck/ Mommy Makeover? Lost 34 lbs, 2 C-sections, 47 yrs want to lose 20 more b4 surgery (photo)

I am 47 years old had two C-sections and have worked really hard to lose weight, I can feel muscle beneath the skin but I have flesh that hangs over my belly button, the lower abdomen has decreased considerably but upper has not. I would love to do a mommy makeover, some lipo and tuck. I want to be flat as possible, fix my abdomen muscles is this possible. Breast lift would be awesome as well no augmentation.

Mommy makeover

From your photographs, it seems like you would be a good candidate for a mommy makeover. You should be at a stable weight. If you are going to lose 20 pounds, make sure you can stay in that range with your lifestyle of exercise and diet.

Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Ideal Weight for a Mommy Makeover

The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction. It is best to undergo #MommyMakeover procedures when your weight has been stable for at least one year.  In addition to a one-on-one consultations with a board certified Plastic Surgeon, patients always need to be seen by their primary care doctor prior to such procedures.  We screen every patient and their medical records for risks of blood clots (DVT) and then take appropriate measures.  MWL (massive weight loss patients of  75 lbs or more) tend to have poor skin elasticity and will frequently need additional tightening even afte 6 -12 months regardless of who or how their surgery is performed. This is simply the nature of such body tissues and the ability to heal with the lack or limited elasticity. 

Candidate for a #mommymakeover #plasticsurgery ?

Congratulations on your weightloss -- that will help with your overall improved health.  Based on your photos alone, it appears you would be a candidate for a mommy makeover.  Depending on your aesthetic objectives you could have a tummy tuck with liposuction and possible breast surgery (however these photos aren't clear so it's impossible to say for sure). It will benefit you to lose additional weight before your surgeries as well. Be sure to meet with a board certified plastic surgeon who's preferably a member of the ASPS and ASAPS and also operates in accredited facilities like the AAAA-SF, The American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities.  I wish you all the best in your journey.
Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS

Brian Coan, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

It Looks Like You're a Candidate

Hi vintagechick67, and thanks for your question. Although it's not possible to give you a completely accurate assessment based on photos alone, it does appear that you're a good candidate for a mommy makeover. Before undergoing the surgery, it's important to decide whether you want to lose more weight on your own. If you plan to, I'd postpone the surgery until you're at a weight you like that you're also comfortable maintaining for as long as possible. However, it looks like you'd see nice results from a tummy tuck, breast lift, and selective lipo. Best of luck!

Mommy makeover time!

Congratulations on your weight loss! your hard work is paying off!  It will only improve your results after your mommy makeover.  Most surgeons refer to a "mommy makeover" as a series of cosmetic surgery procedures intended to restore a woman’s figure after pregnancy. I perform these procedures as part of a “mommy makeover” for patients who want an improved figure after having children. Pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding can take a serious toll on a woman’s body, and many moms find that no amount of diet and exercise can restore their pre-baby figures. Procedures commonly performed during mommy makeovers include, but are not limited to:
-Abominoplasty (tummy tuck)
-Breast Augmentation +/- Lift, or Breast Lift only without implants or Breast Reduction with lift
-Liposuction

Please visit with a board certified PS to learn more about your options.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

Mommy makeover

Congratulations on your weight loss; the closer you are to your ideal weight, the less the complication rate and the better the results.  You should do well with a mommy makeover.  You will need a tummy tuck to remove the excess skin and tighten the abdominal muscles.  You also need liposuction of the hips and flanks.  Your breast may be shaped with a breast lift.  All these should be able to be completed at one surgery if you are healthy.  Find a board certified Plastic Surgeon for a consultation.  Good luck.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

Donald Nunn, MD

Mommy makeover

Thank you for your question and photos.  It appears you would be a good candidate for the procedures that you have named, namely the lipo/tuck.  It is difficult to say if you would benefit from a breast lift, so please see a board certified plastic surgeon who can perform a physical assessment.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Am I a good candidate for Tummy Tuck/ Mommy Makeover? Lost 34 lbs, 2 C-sections, 47 yrs want to lose 20 more b4 surgery

You are a good candidate for both.  A tummy tuck would provide you with a nice result.

Los Angeles, CA..........

Mommy make over

Dear vintagechick67,

Congratulations on the weight loss! Thank you for posting pictures of your case. You are a very good candidate for a Mommy Make Over!!! You have a lot of stretch marks on your abdomen which most of them will be gone after the TT with muscle repair. Your lower and upper back would benefit from a liposuction which would add contour and increase your  waist line. I also would suggest you to consider to have the fat transferred to buttock area to increase the shape and volume. Regarding to breast I cannot appreciate well how low they are and neither how much volume they may need because you are wearing a Bra. Its it possible you may consider having a breast lift with implants to improve the shape, volume and position of your breast. Best wishes. 

Kelvin Eusebio, MD

Mommy makeover

Congrats on the weight loss and get to your goal weight before considering surgery as this will make your results even better.  Please be evaluated by a board certified PS who can examine you and go over your options.

Anh Lee, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon