Is 205 lbs is ideal for an extended tummy tuck along with multiple area lipo?

I started at 305 and have a ton of excess skin. I'm shooting for another 25 lb weight loss prior to surgery....and it isn't that easy.I am 5'8 230 lbs, size 12/14 40c and 47 years old.Extended tummy tuck, mons lift, flank and upper back lipo, stomach tightening, perhaps inner upper thigh lift? My chest and arms will have to wait. My best weight ever was a size 9 and 175. my weight loss has been over a few years and with gym work and a trainer.

Thank you for the question and picture. Congratulations on your weight loss thus far. Generally speaking, it is always best to achieve long-term stable weight prior to proceeding with body contouring surgery. Doing so, will increase the safety of the operation, will likely improve the outcome of the operation, and will decrease chances that additional surgery will become necessary subsequently. 

In my practice, I do not ask specific patients to achieve a specific weight prior to proceeding with tummy tuck surgery. I simply ask patients to achieve a long-term stable weight where he/she feels comfortable and does not expect significant fluctuation postoperatively.  If you were my patient, with the goal being achieving the best outcome possible, I would encourage you to get as close as possible to your long-term stable weight prior to the date of surgery.

As you know, recruiting other professionals such as personal trainers, nutritionists, physicians who specialize in weight loss concerns etc. may be helpful to you.  Seeking consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons will be your next/best step. I hope this, and the attached link/video helps. Best wishes.

Is 205 pounds ideal for a tummy tuck and Lipo

HI designgirl12,

First of all, Congratulations on your weight loss! You really have done an amazing job with just exercise and you have every right to be proud of yourself.

I think that it would be best if you could lose a little more weight and get down to your best weight -175 lbs. You would have a much better result and you would lower your risks for the surgery.

Keep up the good work!

Dr. Christine Rodgers

Multiple

Great job on the weight loss!  I generally tell patients to undergo a cosmetic surgery when they are close to their goal weight.  Otherwise, losing weight after the procedure will definitely change the result.  Doing multiple procedures at the same time is possible but depends greatly on the time in the operating room and what the procedures are.  These questions can be best answered with an examination at your consult.  

Eric Minns, MD
Lubbock Plastic Surgeon

205lbs ideal weight

205 lbs is not ideal weight unless you are 6'3" or taller. The closer you are to the weight you should be the better the result and the lesser the chances for serious complications. 

Multiple surgeries at the same sitting is not like alterations on multiple clothing articles. There is a limit based on length of surgery, area, and patient health status. 

Please consult a board certified plastic surgeon

Leon Goldstein, MD
Madison Plastic Surgeon