Lift or no lift? (Photo)

I've had 2 consults so far, one said no need for a lift. The second said I'm boarderline and should have one if I want desired results, yet I showed them the same pictures. Thinking 325cc or 350cc. What do you think?

Lift or no lift

is really up to you.  With implants, your breasts do fill and provide an illusion of a small lift that you may find good enough and now you've avoided the costs and risks of a lift.  There are a lot of issues that would determine whether a lift was needed and if your breasts are low on your chest, a lift would definitely be suggested.  But if you're fine with your current breast position, you can definitely just have the augmentation then decide later if you need a lift.  If you must have perky from the get go, then do the lift at the same time.

Implants and lift candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I realize that you have very sagging and small breasts. In this regard, you need volume (implants) and projection (the lift): Breast Augmentation w/Breast Lift.
I recommend you to use microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection. With volumes between 350-400ml. 
Finally, to perform the breast lift I recommend a Periareolar Round Block Breast Lift ("Benelli mastopexy"), which has an unnoticed scar around the areola, and if we see (in the surgery) that we can't obtain adecuate projection just with the Benelli Lift, we have to perform a "Lollipop breast lift".
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Lift or no lift

I think that without a lift you will have a nice natural result. If you er looking to be very rounds and 'perky' then a lift would be needed

Julio Garcia, MD

Lift or no lift?

It's a big decision and to give you wishy washy advice is useless. Surgical plans that have value require a full consultation to determine the patient's goal results and a full exam to determine several chest measurements and to gain an understanding of the patient's anatomy that cannot be gained with 2 computerized photos. Based on the tiny bit of knowledge a recommendation  could go either way depending on the exam.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

To lift or not with augmentation

There is no replacement for an in person examination to truly give you the best advice. Having said this, by the images you provided, I would recommend a lift with augmentation to achieve the longest lasted results an dnot have your breasts sit lower on your ribs. 

I hope this helps

Dr. Edwards

Lift

If you would like large pendulous breasts that are more "natural", then no lift.  If you would like higher perky breasts, then a vertical lift with the implant would be indicated.  

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question.  The best advice you can receive is from an in-person consultation.  With that being said, based on your photographs, I believe you could have a nice result with a breast augmentation using a dual plane technique without a formal breast lift.  The size of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.   Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Lift or no lift?

Patients with borderline lifts are the toughest to predict. If you like the shape of your breast now, an implant alone will be a larger version of that breast. An anatomic or teardrop shaped breast does add more improvement to the lift. If you want a perkier and more youthful shape, or if you are unhappy with features like the diameter of the areola or asymmetric skin envelopes, a lift with implants has more power. 

Sometimes I am not sure pre-operatively which is the best approach so I will discuss beforehand with the patient how much they are will let me do once I see the result with the implants in. Most patients want the best look with the least amount of scarring, so I can decide if nothing, a crescent or periareolar lift, or vertical (lollipop) will get the the look they desire.

Stacey Folk, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Lift or no lift

Hello, based on the photos provided it appears that you have only modest sagging of the breasts (stage I ptosis), although a proper exam would be needed to confirm this.   Most of my patients with stage I ptosis do not choose to have a lift.  If you are still uncertain you could always seek one more consultation with an experienced PS.

Breast implants alone may help with the illusion of a lift

According to the pictures you posted, you do have some ptosis (droopiness), but you might not need a lift. Although breast implants do no lifting, they often provide the illusion of a lift. After your breasts have settled at 9 to 12 months, you could always get a lift at that time if you felt they weren't perky enough. Hope this is helpful and good luck to you. For more information on this and similar topics, I recommend a plastic surgery Q&A book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths."

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon