Elongate Nose and Decrease Nostril Show with Filler? (photos)

Hi, I've had 4 nasal surgeries before. However, I still have a overly shortened nose that yields a distracting degree of nostril show. Can hyaluronic acid be injected in the tip (maybe infratip lobule region) to decrease the amount of nostril show and resemble my "swollen"/ideal nose? Thanks!

Non Surgical Rhinoplasty -- Fillers Like Voluma, Radiesse, Restylane

You are more of a surgical contouring patient based on the things you are requesting.  Please see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Filler and rhinoplasty

Hi ColoradoRanger,I think you certainly could inject filler into the area you identified and it might accomplish what you would like to accomplish. However, filler in the nose is still, in my opinion, a somewhat risky business. Don't get me wrong--filler in the nose has a place and I am happy to offer it to patients. However, there is a risk that (1) it won't work and (2) that it could cause vascular compromise with tissue loss. The safest way to try and accomplish your goals would probably be with cartilage grafting to the nose to help lengthen the nostrils. This is a relatively minor procedure and would be much safer than filler, in my opinion.
Thanks for your question and let us know if you have any other questions or concerns!

P. Daniel Ward, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon