What size is best for me?

I am 5 foot tall 95 pounds petite I am currently in a 30aa my PS measured my BWD to be 12cm. He recommended me stay in the high 200ccs and low 300ccs.. I want to be big enough but not un natural looking. What size would be best for me?

Working closely with your plastic surgeon to choose the right breast implant size.

The best breast implant size will highly depend on your unique body shape and anatomy, as well as your own personal ideal. Your plastic surgeon's recommendation sounds on par for your body type and cosmetic goals. You can also look for a plastic surgeon who offers Vectra 3D imaging, which allows you to virtually try on different implant sizes so you can get a better idea of your final results before surgery. Best of luck!

Breast Augmentation size

Thank you for your question.  This size appears accurate.  Given your petite frame and height I would not recommend anything larger than a 300, and even this might be too large.  Most women your size have a BWD of between 10-12 cm.  Remember that implant volume is all relative to the patient's size.  I think any larger implant might appear unnatural or overly wide.  Good luck!

Kailash Narasimhan, MD
Sherman Plastic Surgeon

Implant size for petite women

It sounds like your surgeon is right on the mark.  I rarely if ever recommend and implant size over 300cc for women your size.  Anything larger may look unnatural.

What size is best for me?

Thank you for your question.  In addition to getting measurements of your breast dimensions as an initial guide for implant selection, it's a good idea to try on different implant sizers and look in the mirror to determine the look that you want.  Try not to focus on a particular volume but more on the appearance that you're looking for.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Good range

For you size and frame, seems like an implant in the range of 200-350 cc would be appropriate. 
A lot of my asian patients who have small frames like yourself routinely get implants that are around 250-325cc. 
You want to be proportional and large implants can be unnatural and even make you look heavier.
Make sure you try on implants and discuss with your board certified plastic surgeon what your wishes are.

What size is best for me?

Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, and computer imaging) will be critical.
Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of know words such as “big enough but not unnatural” or "C cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.
I hope this and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery for petite patients, helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Breast Augmentation/ Breast Implants/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Silicone Implants/Revision Breast Surgery

I appreciate your question.

The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements. Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance. Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.

Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness).
Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.

Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume.
These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.

During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question.  The nest advice is to choose the size that helps you best achieve your overall desired look.  You may wish to ask your surgeon to try on sizer implants so that you can better visualize the look of the various sized implants and then choose an implant that helps you best achieve your desired goals.  

With kind regards,
Lane F. Smith, M.D., F.A.A.C.S., F.A.O.H.N.S., F.A.B.F.P.R.S.

Lane Smith, MD

What size is best for me?

Your surgeon is correct those sizes will fit you. Figure two cup size increrase in the same style and manufacturer of bra you currently wear with a 300. If you are very petite maybe 225-250 would be better if you do not want to be a full B small C. Do the rice test to see how you feel with different sizes-read below for how to do Rice Test.