Any suggestions on Refirme? (photos)

Hi, I had 6 refirme trtmts. on face and neck for "prevention" reasons. After initial effects wore off, I noticed a vertical line of lax skin starting from right beneath chin to a couple of inches onto neck that I definitely did not have prior! So,what I was wanting to prevent I actually created!?!? Is it possible It could've destroyed fat in my already thin neck leaving me with a nasty vertical line of hanging unsightly skin?? I don't believe it is a platysmal band seems more like skin. Thanks

Answers (2)

ReFirme

What you are seeing is something you always had but never saw. The ReFirme unmasked it. It is what we call a platysmal band. You can treat it with a few units of Botox every four months.

Talmage Raine MD

Refirme and platysmal band

We often perform ReFirme treatments in my office and have never seen a platysmal band (which is what that appears to be) caused by ReFirme treatments.  Sometimes weight loss or loss of fat in the neck can cause a platysmal band to become more visible.  I hope this helps.

Anthony Youn, MD, FACS
Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Provider

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors.
FOR FREE.