Will 250 cc's be enough? (Photo)

I am having a lift and implant along with tummy tuck late November. Initially, I decided on 250 cc implants. As I am not looking for a large enhancement, I just want them to be full. But now I am worried that 250 will not make them full. Just looking for some additional advice. Should I go for 300 or more?

Will 250 cc be enough?

250 cc is a small implant, but it is best to try on sizers to get an idea of size in the office.

Deciding on Implant Type and Size with Mommy Makeover

Here are some helpful guidelines. 

Usually if a woman wears a size 36 AB bra and would like to be a C cup, which is the average size that women wear and the average size bra that is sold, she needs a volume of approximately 350 to 390 cc to make that change. This becomes less if she's wearing a 34 bra, because it has a smaller strap size and the cups have a smaller diameter. A smaller diameter implant would then be a volume of approximately 300 to 350 cc. In the same way if she was more petite, maybe a double zero or size one and wore a 32 AB bra, then to become a 32C cup she would only require about 250 to 300 cc. This is a general number, and of course there are other factors that will affect this. 

Each implant have their benefits. #SalineImplants is made with a #silicone outer shell that is filled with saline water during the surgery. It is filled with sterile saline (salt-water). Since saline is like normal body fluid, it is safe and easily absorbed if the implants were to leakThe #implant shell is ordered in a specified size which can be filled to a minimum or maximum fill amount. This allows the plastic surgeon some flexibility with sizing during surgery. Often times a woman has breasts which vary slightly in size. If one breast is slightly smaller than the other, each implant can be filled to a different amount to create better symmetry. Saline tends to be a little less natural feeling than silicone, but it can also create a more dramatic upper breast appearance, which some women prefer. A new saline breast implants option called Ideal Implant™ was recently FDA approved and was created for women who are not comfortable having silicone implants in their body, but desire a more natural feeling implant than traditional saline implants on the market. The unique structure of the Ideal Implant allows for a similar look and feel as silicone with the safety of saline. 
#SiliconeImplants are made with a silicone outer shell and are filled with a gummy-bear consistency silicone on the inside. More women tend to choose silicone breast implants due to the natural feel and appearance. Silicone implants are now made of a cohesive gel which are anti-leak even when cut. Look and feel like natural breasts due to the cohesive silicone gel material. New generation silicone gel implants are far superior than those used in the past and have a proven track record of safety. Silicone implants have gone through more testing than any other medical device and are the preferred choice for over the muscle implant placement. 
To further ensure the safety, the FDA recommends women have periodic MRI testing to ensure their silicone implants are free from any defects. With both implant types there are choices 
#Shaped implants are all #textured and should not rotate when used properly. In my practice, about 20% of the patients benefit from shaped implants. Your Plastic Surgeon needs to measure you and determine the best shape and size of any implants that are used.

Furthermore, a Breast Lift with the Implants may be something to consider. 
Getting #BreastImplants without a #BreastLift is usually said to be mistake by many patients who reflect back on the decision. Most breasts will look larger and more droopy with solely implants. They will sag more and sooner, due to the sudden and excess weight. At times it's possible for a “Snoopy” breast or double bubble to develop as a result.

Other factors which contribute to the outcome are size, shape, and profile. 
The #profile is determined by the amount of #projection versus roundness that the you desire, as well as the #size of the implant and size of your chest. Also, the placement or incision location will also have an effect on profile. 
Another element to a satisfying result of your #augmentation is realistic #expectations.
Talk to your surgeon at greater length and be sure to view before and after pictures and reviews beforehand to gain more reassurance of the procedure.

Rice test!

You appear to have a lot of breast volume already.  I would put 250 mL of rice into two ziplock bags and stuff them in your bra for a day.  That way you can decide if it is big enough or not.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Implant choice in mommy makeover

If you informed your plastic surgeon that you only wanted to have fullness after your lift, he probably suggested a moderate sized implant that fits your breast "footprint" or overall diameter of your breast. The implant is placed to provide a "mound" for the breast tissue to be formed around during the lift. This is usually recommended if you are happy with your current cup size and just want to improve the shape and nipple position of you breast.

Best of luck.

Joel M. Stewart, Jr., MD
Newnan Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift and 250 cc implant

Hi,

I like your doctor !!   You have been advised of an implant not because of it making you bigger.  That recommendation is to have a "filler implant" and that is used to provide you with a long term result with prevention or minimizing the sloping above the nipple complex after is moved into the correct higher position.  GOOD IDEA !!

The fullness you will get will come from the lift and compacting of your present breast tissue.  There will be sloping as the months go by and there might be a concern that you will have of the loss of the fullness above the braline.   This is because of the natural process of "bottoming".  This is the stretching of the skin from the nipple complex to the crease below the breasts.  When this happens because of gravity, your doctor has recommended that you will have this filler implant to maintain the upper pole of the breast.

A 300 cc implant is 50 cc's more than the 250 implant.  This is just over three tablespoons.  Go put three tablespoons and a teaspoon of water (3 teaspoons to a tablespoon) on a surface of about 5 inches in diameter.  You will see that this difference is NOTHINGish. Thus no need to worry about trying to solve the math quiz.  

Your doctor is giving you good advice.  This tells me that he/she is VERY comfortable in taking the next step for your future and not the immediate post op months.

Good luck with it all.

Mommy Makeover /Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Tummy Tuck/Liposuction/BBL

I appreciate your question.

From your photos, it appears that you will benefit from a breast lift.  A lift would reposition your nipples and reshape your breasts, giving them a more youthful appearance.

The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.  

Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness).

Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.

Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume.

These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.

During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Will 250cc's be enough?

It is very difficult to determine the best lift you will need (recommended based on your photos) or the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 300 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. The same process goes for just filling in the upper part of your breast without becoming much larger. Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in the link below including silicone vs saline implants

Will 250 cc's be enough?

Hard to answer this question without an in person exam and specific breast measurements. Too small of an implant and you will get a "rock in a sock" look. Remember, the goal of breast augmentation is to optimally fill your breast pocket, not to overstuff or understuff it. Best option is to choose a board certified plastic surgeon who actually takes the time to measure you and examine your breast pocket. Sizers will only give you a rough estimate.  At my practice, we utilize a series of 5 breast measurements that help me determine the ideal implant size, which in turn helps me deliver a 24 hour recovery. Do your research and choose a surgeon who takes the time to sit down with you and discuss your goals/expectations to determine the best size for you. Good luck!!

Implant Size

Implant size is decided by chest measurements, patient desires, breast size, and soft tissue quality.  250 cc's is a reasonable size along with a lift.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

250

should be plenty if the correct style is chosen. It sounds like you want some reasonable upper pole fullness to go along with your lift, more than reasonable.