Would I need surgery to get my nose corrected? (Photo)

I would want the hump removed and my nostrils seem too high

Hump Reduction

Your pictures demonstrate a moderate dorsal hump and a realtively defined tip. Your nostril exposure is difficult to assess. A cosmetic rhinoplasty can improve these aesthetics by removing and repositioning tissue in the nose. These are big movements that are often intended to create subtle, millimeter changes to the shape of the nose once it heals. A detailed examination and in-depth discussion will help delineate the best surgical option. Consultation with a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery would be the next best step. Check out the link below.

Rhinoplasty will make a nice improvement...

Removing a hump is a common procedure during rhinoplasty. A well performed surgery should leave you with a nice bridge and a refined tip. As the tip is refined, the nostrils usually look better from the side as well. Be sure to find a surgeon that specializes in rhinoplasty.

Andrew Miller, MD
Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us. In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge. With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features. Respectfully, Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Nose surgery

You have a hump and low radix, which when surgically corrected, will remove the hump.The pictures don't allow me to give an opinion about your nostrils, but at a consultation with an expert, you can show what you don't like about your nostrils. 

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Hump removal

While as all jumps can be camouflaged with filler, the only way to remove a hump AND make a smaller nose is with surgery. Flattening nostrils can be done with filler or cartilage Tim grafts. 

Richard W. Westreich, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

If your nose bothers you, then it is worth going for a consultation for rhinoplasty. Best of luck with your decision to move forward.

Correcting your nose

If your goal is improving the hump and the nostril shape, you would consider surgery to specifically address the dorsum and consider alar batten grafts.  This surgery Should be carried out by a plastic surgeon or a facial plastic surgeon who has experience and expertise in rhinoplasty surgery in order to achieve good results.

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. You may also benefit from a cephalic rotation of your tip to turn up your tip slightly and a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Nasal Consultation

Thanks for your post and photos. In my view, you would be an excellent candidate to consider rhinoplasty to enhance your nasal appearance. Yes this is surgery, but by selecting an expert surgeon who regularly performs successful rhinoplasty for patients who seek improvement, you could expect a natural, attractive and permanent result. I recommend a consultation with a credentialed Facial Plastic Surgeon for a personal evaluation. Best Wishes. 

Fred J. Bressler, MD, FACS
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Surgical vs non-surgical rhinoplasty

Great question.  It all depends on your desires and if you would like the results permanent or temporary. A non-surgical rhinoplasty can help camouflage the hump by placing fillers.  I do think your nostrils are good, but you may be able to lower them a bit as well by placing fillers as well.  A surgical rhinoplasty would be able to address these issues on a permanent level if you so desire.  I recommend you seek several consultations in your community with board certified plastic surgeons that you like.All the best,Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD