I had a nose surgery eight months ago and now my nostrils are uneven; surgeon says it can be fixed with stitches? (Photo)

Hello! I had a nose surgery eigth months ago and now my nosetrils are uneven ,my surgeon says he can fix this by giving me a few stiches on the external part of the nose ,the nasal ala but I am not sure that this is the right way to fix it, can you give me a little advise please?

Depending on your examination, microdroplet Silikon-1000 may be considered for improving the appearance of asymmetrical nostrils

Your right nostril margin appears higher than your left, and this may be the cause of asymmetry you're seeing. In our practice, we have had good success lowering nostril margins with Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results. Hope this helps you. Dr Joseph

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinioplasty

Thank you for your question. Your nostrils look very close to being even. Was the surgery intended to correct uneven nostrils? Also, it takes up to 12 months to completely heal from a rhinoplasty so you may continue to see improvement in your face. You should always consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ala

Probably best to fix with cartilage grafts and sutures.  A tip rhinoplasty procedure possibly under local and sedation should fix this.  

Nasal Valve Collapse

Thank you for your photo. Without a before photo, it is tough to definitively say what went wrong. However it does appear you have some superior retraction of the left alar rim as well as collapse of the nasal valve on the left. Are you having new breathing problems as well? 

The good news is that this type of issue can definitely be fixed with a combination or solo use of alar rim grafts or alar batten grafts. This can help correct nostril asymmetry and improve breathing. 

--Dr. Hershcovitch

Meir Hershcovitch, MD
Calabasas Otolaryngologist

Alar retraction

Thanks for the great photos and the question. I'm sorry your having some issues with your nose. I don't know wha your nose looked like prior to surgery, but it appears now as though you may have some alar retraction on one side and not the other. This is typically fixed by placing a piece of cartilage along the alar rim to support it and prevent it from ccollapsing any more. If you don't understand what your surgeon was saying, I always recommend talking to them again to make sure you are both on the same page. Best of luck!

~Dr. Sieber