Is it normal to have one breast bigger than the other one after a hematoma?

30 days post op, the day before yesterday i had an hematoma in my right breast, so it was drained i am still with the bag that my ps put in my breast, i see that now my right breast is smaller, is that normal? Is it normal have an.hematoma after 28 days? Should i be worried for the final results?

Hematoma after breast surgery.

Dear danielamm, probably you have an augmentation mammaplasty with silicone implants. If so it is normal for your right breast looks smaller than left. There may be some fluid collection or edema in the left breast and it will disappear completely in a few weeks. Hematoma can happen after 28 days. Usually you should not worry about the final result. Your doctor can answer better than this platform. Good luck.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Hematoma included in Risks of Surgery

It is definitely understandable that your hematoma occurred in risk of post-op healing, along with other issues including:·       Excessive bleeding (hematoma) and bruising ·       Reduced sensation of nipple ·       Deflation/rupture ·       Capsular contracture ·       Wrinkling/rippling. Palpable and/or visible ·       Firmness, and distorted appearance ·       Interference with breast feeding ·       Mammogram interference ·       Cost for revision surgery if necessary ·       Calcium deposits in the tissue around the implant ·       Breast tissue atrophy/chest wall deformity ·       Hypertrophic scarring ·       Tissue loss ·       Infection requiring antibiotics or implant removalWhile your hematoma is still healing you will want to allow the tissue to settle for a little while, but you should not hesitate to contact your surgeon with any questions or concerns as healing continues. Hopefully the hematoma was resolved and all will even back out very soon. Sometimes swelling and shape take a few months to settle down, so if it does not seem to be getting better it will be best to see your surgeon in person to make sure that the area continues healing properly. Best of luck!