Six days post op from a breast reduction and I keep getting this sharp pinching sensation around the areola, any ideas why?

Pinching Sensation

It is very common to have "pings and pangs" following surgery, as your nerves adjust.  I would continue to follow closely with your surgeon, and call them if you have any questions or concerns.

Dr. Dan Krochmal

MAE Plastic Surgery

Northbrook, IL

Chicago General Surgeon

Breast reduction

It is not unusual to experience pains as you describe postop although you would be best to post some photos to get an informed opinion. I would keep in touch with your PS

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Sharp sensation

As the nerves settle after surgery you will get all manner of strange sensations at different times during your recovery. What you are describing does sound like nerve sensations which is very normal after surgery.

if you are at all concerned at any time or just for reassurance do contact your plastic surgeons office.

Chien C. Kat, FRCS
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon