Can I have revision rhinoplasty at 11 months post op?

I want to get revision rhinoplasty for my birthday which will be exactly 11 months after my first Operation will it matter if I get it a month early? I did have tip work done and have medium thickness skin.

Time should elapse prior to revision rhinoplasty

You have waited patiently and you are obviously still concerned with the appearance of your nose.  I do not think that a month early in an individual with medium skin thickness looking for tip revision is going to make much of a difference.  Happy birthday and I hope that you wind up with the nose that you had always envisioned yourself having!

Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can I have revision rhinoplasty at 11 months postop?

A thorough internal and external examination of the nose is required to make a determination about what may be needed, so there are too many variables to answer the question appropriately. Revision rhinoplasty is more difficult than a primary rhinoplasty, so choose your surgeon very wisely based on extensive experience

Rhinoplasty revision

You would have to be seen in person to determine whether or not the tissues are soft enough to undergo the procedure. Best of luck.

Timing of revision rhinoplasty

Generally, the longer you wait the better, especially if you had tip work done.  There are always exceptions but I would try as hard as possible to wait at least a year. It may seem like 4 weeks wouldn't matter but why take the chance? I'm guessing you want this to be your last nasal surgery so do everything you can to set the stage for success. Good luck! 

Justin Cohen, MD
Washington DC Otolaryngologist