How long after having a baby should you wait until getting plastic surgery?

I am looking to get a body lift or mommy make over. I want my arms done, a tummy tuck, lipo and my breast lift. I'm bad with pain so I figure if I get it done at once that would be the best way to go. Now, I know this is a major on the body after given birth so how long should you wait to give the body time to heal completely from a vaginal childbirth?

Mommy make over

Dear Khloesmom,
  It might be tempting to have all surgeries done at one time , but it is too risky. In my 28 years of practice, I noticed that patients tend to over estimate their ability to recover quickly and safely from painful operation or lengthy operation. They end up in bed for long time, not moving or drinking fluids ( so they do not have to go to the bathroom ) and that can result in severe complications like blood clots, pneumonia , dehydration etc.              Another important factor to consider is surgeon's fatigue in long surgeries that may result in sub optimal result. 
  Cosmetic surgery is purely elective and complication should be reduced to a minimum with resulting optimal outcome.
  As far as timing, in my practice, I recommend to my patients to wait 3 month after the delivery for tummy tuck and 6 month for breasts surgery.
   Always, consult with experienced board certified plastic surgeons who operate in accredited surgery center for your safety. Check the before and after pictures in the photo gallery, to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive.  
                                     Dr Widder

When to Get a Mommy Makeover

It's suggested to wait at least 6 months after pregnancy to undergo a Mommy Makeover. Additionally, your weight should also be stable for at least 6 months.
#Combining these procedures decreases anesthetics, costs, and recovery time.  Most importantly, your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.
All surgical procedures carry some degree of #risk. Always discuss your issues and concerns with the Plastic Surgeon during and following your consultation. Information that you read online may not apply to your personal situation.
It is imperative you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with the procedures included with a Mommy Makeover. . Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

#MommyMakeOverTiming

In general waiting at least 6 months following your delivery, once your weigth has stabilized and at least 3 months after breast feeding is reasonable to have a mommy makeover.

Wait time for mommy makeover after pregnancy

Hi, kholesmom1.  Thanks for your question.  
I suggest that you are minimum 3 months post-delivery, has stopped breast feeding for 3 months, has reached a stable goal weight, and be fully recovered after delivery.  Once you reach your stable goal weight, please consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon.  Best wishes.

Timing is key

It is usually best to wait 3-4 months after you finish breast feeding before performing a mommy makeover to minimize complications. That way your body will be at a good baseline for surgery. Also, you wouldn't really want to have more children after a mommy makeover so be sure to plan properly. Make sure you meet with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss everything in detail.

6 months

In general you want to wait 6 months from the delivery and at least 3 months after breast feeding if that goes past 6 months. You would also want to get down to your pre pragnancy weight prior if possible. Best of luck! Dean Vistnes. 

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover after having baby

I tend to recommend staying on the conservative side and wait for at least 6 months after giving birth. You may have to wait longer if you're breastfeeding, since you don't want to compromise breastmilk production with surgery. However, each surgeon has their own guidelines so it's best to ask yours for their recommendation.

Mommy Makeover

Thank you for your question.  I would advise you to wait 1-2 months after you are finished breast feeding or 3 months after childbirth if you do not plan to breast feed.  You will obviously need help with childcare if you choose to have surgery this soon after childbirth.

Best of luck to you,

Timing of plastic surgery after childbirth

It normally takes several months for breasts to return back to baseline after childbirth, longer with breast feeding. In addition, you should be at or near your target weight which make take some time. Obtain a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to discuss these issues further as well as what procedures can be combined safely.

Planning a mommy make-over after babies

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.

• As a general guide - if you don't breast feed, wait 6 months after the delivery. 
  • If you breast feed, it will be longer - generally wait at least 3 months after you stop breast feeding.
  • Each surgeon has a different approach - don't be surprised if the advice you get from the surgeon you choose is a little different.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Hope you found this answer helpful. Best wishes