I weigh 250 lbs and i am 5'7. How much weight would I need to lose to be a candidate for the brazilian butt lift surgery?

Losing 40 to 50 lbs will allow for a safer surgery and likely a better result.

Weight Loss Before Liposuction-Brazilian Butt Lift

Hi. Thank you for your question. 

We like all patients to be at their usual weight (not necessarily their ideal weight). 

Virtually any patient can benefit from body contouring surgery. Fat transfer to the buttocks is facilitated with healthy fat cell, harvested from multiple different areas.  Sometimes the most difficult patients to perform fat transfer on are those that are too thin, in which we wouldn't have enough healthy fat to use for the fat transfer portion of the procedure. 

Brett E. Stompro, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon