Looking for a doctor who specializes in breast implants/augmentation in Philadelphia area.

I live in the suburbs of Philadelphia and I am interested in getting breast implants. I'm not quite understanding the difference between breast implant and breast augmentation. I want to go from an A cup to a full C cup. I am 5'2" 110lbs, small frame. My biggest concern is that I have very little boob tissue and the implants will look very obvious. Also looking for recommendations for a good doctor, thanks.

#Breastaugmentation #BreastAug #Implants #Breastimplants

Thanks for your question on which implant size would be best for you. Since there is no way to say definitively over the internet which size would be optimal for you, take comfort in the fact that the surgeon uses your unique measurements and is able to provide you with a general range.  In many cases the board certified plastic surgeon can best be your guide as they’ve met with you in person and heard your aesthetic goals. You may consider doing 3-D imaging; however with nearly all the breast cases we’ve performed, we’ve found patients enjoy doing a live “try on” session where they actually can “try on” the implant in a non-padded bra in our office.  This does not give an exact measurement of outcome, rather it gives a nice idea of what to expect. For patients who desire a more natural look we like to recommend the shaped implant.  For patients who desire a more full, voluptuous look we recommend a higher profile implant. And remember that all breasts have at least some amount of asymmetry (we like to say they’re like sisters and not twins).  Very best to you. –Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Plastic surgeon in Philadelphia for breast augmentation

Plastic surgeon in Philadelphia for breast augmentation is  in my opinion doctor Louis Bucky .  He has Vectra  imaging to help you decide your size. Best wishes in your upcoming surgery!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

Breast augmentation requires breast implants.  You can find a local surgeon by going to the ASPS or ASAPS websites.

Breast Augmentation - Finding a plastic surgeon?

Thank you for your question. Finding the proper surgeon is critical to the success of your breast augmentation. It is best to look on the ASPS website to find a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in breast procedures. Board certified plastic surgeons have the appropriate training to perform the procedures you desire. It is also imperative to have the procedure performed in a properly accredited facility. Ask to see a lot of before and after pictures of your surgeons work. Hope this helps and good luck!

The chosen one, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.I usually tell my patients that the first step for a safe plastic surgery is to choose a board certified aesthetic and reconstructive plastic surgeon. This should have a personal website containing details of his professional biography and some photos of the procedures performed. Your plastic surgeon should be  transparent and a honest person with you, with ethical and human values, and especially with good reputation and history. Also, it's much better if this doctor have special training and experience in procedures like the one you're interested. Finally, i invite you to send your photos to give you more information of interest for you. Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-    

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. There are many good surgeons around this area who specialize in breast augmentation.  It is very important that you thoroughly research your surgeon before committing to surgery. It is a good idea to research your surgeon's educational background, online reviews, before & after pictures, and speak with anyone who you may know who has had surgery with that surgeon. During your consultation, make sure that you don't feel rushed and make sure that you have adequate time with your surgeon and not just their patient coordinator or nurses. If the majority of your consultation is spent with someone other than the surgeon, this is usually not a good sign. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified expert surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Many great docs in the Philadelphia area

There are many of us in the Philadelphia area that do lots of breast augmentation.  I would encourage you to schedule an in person consultation with me or another board certified plastic surgeon who can explain to you the pros and cons of these procedures, explain the differences between saline and silicone augmentation, and answer all of your questions.  Best to look for a doctor certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery specifically as "board certified" doesn't always mean certified by the plastic surgery boards.  Good luck!

Minimal breast tissue

If you are looking for the most natural look in the setting of minimal breast tissue, I would recommend silicone gummy implants, placed underneath the muscle.  I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a board-certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Best wishes! Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon