Breast implant pricing for Philadelphia area?

When I did research online and talked to a few people they said pricing was in the $5000 range. I have gotten two quotes so far, one for $6-$7k, one for $7.4k. It's quite a bit higher than expected. Is this typical for 2016? Perhaps my research was based on previous year pricing.

Cost varies from location to location.  You may find a lower price by travelling to the nearest big city (New York) where prices drop dramatically. I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a board-certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Best wishes! Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant prices vary widely from about $5000-$10000.   Factors that go into pricing are type of implant, anesthesia, facility and surgeon.  Also some practices will run specials for a limited time.   The lower range usually indicates a saline implant under sedation.   The more popular silicone implants or gummy bears are usually more.  While price is one factor in selecting a surgeon is shouldn't be the only factor.  Most places have some financing options available to make it affordable for almost everyone.  

Adam Hamawy, MD
Princeton Plastic Surgeon

Pricing for breast augmentation surgery can be quite variable and may be based upon surgeon, experience , technique, surgery facility, geography, etc.  In your area a quote of  $6000-$10,000 can be expected and is within the norm. 

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. Cost for breast augmentation depends on geographic area, surgeon expertise, type of implant, type of anesthesia. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Breast Im

I appreciate your question.
Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc.  I would recommend that you go to The American Society of Plastic Surgery website and look for a list of board certified plastic surgeons in your area.  You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations.
The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.
Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon