Is collagen buttock injections safe?

A friend of mine happened to get collagen injected inside of both buttocks (I believe 500cc) I know it's currently illegal in the US but how safe is this when it's being done in people's homes? What are the risks or are there any risks? Thanks!

Is collagen buttock injections safe?

Thanks for your query. Collagen injections are designed for facial fillers. Injecting into the buttocks will require huge quantities and it can cause allergic reactions, fibrosis and disfigurement of the buttock after a while. It has not got FDA approval for a reason. Instead you can go in for BBL which will be cost effective and gives a better result .hope it helps.

All The Best

India Plastic Surgeon