Breast augmentation with lift and tummy tuck. Is it normal for my boobs to be this low just 6 weeks after operation? (Photo)

700cc Mentor saline implants under the muscle. I think the shape is fine for just 6 weeks post op. My concern is if they drop any more they will be to low. I do keep in contact with my plastic surgeon and I'm just looking for a second opinion. My tummy tuck scar seems to be really close to my new belly button scar. Is it too close together? Should my tummy tuck scar be lower? At the end of the day, I look much better than I did before.

Implant Dropping

Thank you for posting pictures. The implants due to their size seem to be in the right spot which is centered behind the nipple. If the implants are textured, they are more likely to stay in place, if they are smooth they will likely drop some in which case you might be disappointed. Best of Luck. Dr. K

Six Weeks Following a Mommy Makeover

It may be too premature to determine if you need additional procedures. You are still very early into your recovery and the final results are yet to be complete. Your #healing will continue for 2-3 months for the early period. This includes some swelling, bruising, malposition, color differences. Sensation in the breasts may also be abnormal and scars will be evolve. Tingling, burning or shooting pains in the breasts will disappear with time and should not alarm you. It is simply a result of the regeneration of your sensory nerves. If these sensations cause pain, repeated, local self-massage per your surgeon's permission may help.

Healing after a  #tummytuck will require time. Some patients are out of bed and walking the night of surgery and every hour while awake. I allow my patients to return to work at one to two weeks with 14 days preferred.  However, no lifting or straining.  At three weeks, increased level of activity and full with no restrictions, at 6 weeks. #MummyTummy is a term given to modified tummy tucks which can use liposuction and skin tightening with radiofrequency such Vanquish, Vela3, thermage, thermiRF and others.  The actual fat contouring can be done non-surgically as well with #UltraShape or Cool-Sculpting. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

Each patient is unique and previous #results are not a guarantee for individual outcomes. As with all cosmetic surgery, results will be rewarding if expectations are realistic.

DrDerby

Thank you for your question and the photos. I feel you have great results for 6 weeks post op. You are still very much in the post op process and i am sure that you will be very happy with the final results. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Mommy make-over - assessing result at 6 weeks

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.

• You are so right - you look excellent compared to you before photos.
  • Things look fine for 6 weeks.
  • Wait for six months before assessing your final result.
  • You do have large implants - time will tell if your tissues can sustain them as high as you want.
  • So do what you are doing - keep in touch with your surgeon and follow her/his instructions.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Concern?

Thank you for your question and photos. You are still early in the post-operative period. It typically takes 3 - 6 months for the swelling to subside and and implants to settle into proper position. You appear to be healing very well at this time. Please discuss your concerns with your board certified plastic surgeon. Also, make sure you follow all of your plastic surgeons post-operative instructions regarding level of physical activity and use of a support bra. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.

Mommy makeover healing

Thank you for the question and photos.  I think your last sentence is perhaps the most important in that you feel you look much better after the mommy makeover.  The other questions about the position of the incision and the location of your implants are subjective.  "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder".  Since your saline implants are large and fairly heavy it will be important for you to support them using a bra.  Doing so day and night will keep the weight of the implants from stretching your breast tissue and pocket out.  I would touch base with your plastic surgeon and follow his/her recommendations with regards to supporting your breast implants.

Good luck with the rest of your recovery.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Mommy makeover recovery

Congratulations on your surgery.  It seems you have had significant improvement with the procedures.  You are still early in the recovery process to determine how your final result will be.  It can take 3-6 months for swelling to subside and final settling to occur.  I know it's hard to be patient, but more time is needed.

Camille Cash, MD

Very normal after mastopexy augmentation

Where implants sit post surgery is dictated by here your breasts sit on your chest wall, your skin quality, the size of implant and type of lift used.  Your breast aesthetics have improved.  However, the size of implant you chose and the thinness of your tissues may cause trouble down the road and lead to bottoming out.  The plastic surgery community (myself included) has learned that going too big is fraught with difficulty.  The ASPS even has a consult specifically for implants sizes that are too large for the patient's frame and soft tissues.  

Breast augmentation with lift and tummy tuck. Is it normal for my boobs to be this low just 6 weeks after operation?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs and congratulations on your mommy makeover!  Your breast shape has improved nicely after your combination lift and implant placement and for six weeks your appearance is appropriate.  Only time will tell how much further the implants will settle and the overlying tissues will stretch.  As for your tummy tuck incision it does appear close to your belly button on the up close image.  The belly button should lie at the top of your hip bones while your horizontal incision should be along your upper pubic region.  Depending on where your skin excess may have been previously, and the discussion you had with your surgeon about placement, it may be well-hidden in your clothing. Ultimately your surgeon will be your best source of reassurance and information.

Mommy Makeover Recovery

Thank you for your questions, and I agree that you look excellent and have gotten a nice improvement. 700cc is a large implant size for someone with your petite figure, but they can still look nice. You still have healing to do yet. I would not start to be critical of anything until the 3-month mark. Your scars will continue to lighten, but that takes 9-12 months typically. Hang in there. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon