Breast Augmentation with Lift and Tummy Tuck on Aug 26. I'm so tired of the swelling and pain, when will it end? (photos)

Healing and Recovery after a Mommy Makeover

Your #healing will continue for 2-3 months following the procedure(s) as the #scars will be evolving. If my patients have concerns that something is unusual about their healing process, it is important for them to call the office and discuss these concerns or come in to be examined. Also some severe scars can be treated with re-excision, laser, kenalog/5-FU injections, creams, silicone strips and other methods to reduce and improve healing. Additionally, scar therapy with scar maturation products (e.g. BioCorneum or Embrace) are suggested for managing scars. However, we recommend you wait to use scar improving products until a few weeks following your surgery.

Mommy makeover recovery

I am sorry you are having so much discomfort after surgery.  Speak with your surgeon to ensure that you are healing properly and a review of your daily activities to see if you can discover the culprit behind the swelling.  Follow your surgeon's instructions on how to properly care for the wounds on your breasts.

Camille Cash, MD

Mommy make-over - when will I finish healing?

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.

• I am sorry you are still having pain and swelling - a month after your surgery.
  • Your photos just show two small open areas - these should not cause pain or general swelling.
  • If this is the only problem, then follow your surgeon's instructions and give yourself time.
  • But if your breasts are generally swollen and painful, I would worry that there was a deep infection.
  • I strongly suggest that you see your surgeon for an examination.
  • Ask if your situation merits an ultrasound study to look for fluid around your implants.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Breast Augmentation with Lift and Tummy Tuck on Aug 26. I'm so tired of the swelling and pain, when will it end?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs and I am sorry to hear of your prolonged recovery.  It appears that your breasts have suffered a superficial wound dehiscence but luckily it does not appear to be worsening or infected.  You should be seeing an overall steady improvement in pain and swelling and if you are not you need to see your surgeon for an in-person evaluation to ensure no other issues are taking place.  Best wishes.

Local wound care

thanks for the question. 

I recommend you to talk with your plastic surgeon as soon as possible and follow his instructions. I also suggest to maintan the wound dry and clean, you can clean it with antibacterial soap. 

Hope you get well soon,

God bless you

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD