I can feel my implant on the underside towards my armpit. What would cause this after a year?

I had silicone breast augmentation 14 mths ago and was very happy with the results. They both were even and felt great. Recently I've noticed that my right one seems slightly larger and lower and I can feel my implant on the underside towards my armpit. What would cause this after a year?

Thank you for your question. Without pictures or a physical exam, it is hard to give you specific advice regarding your case. It sounds as if you have had some displacement of the implant pocket and some migration of the implant. You should go to the surgeon that performed your surgery and discuss your concerns with him or her. They are best equipped to evaluate your concerns and offer possible solutions.

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are experiencing after breast augmentation surgery. Based on your description you may be  experiencing a breast implant displacement problem (the breast implant is shifting to far off to the side and/or too low).

Generally, the interior and lateral breast implant displacement can be corrected using an internal suture technique, decreasing the size of the breast implant "pockets" and moving the implants up and towards the midline. Doing so will prevent the breast implants from migrating down and to the sides when you lie down and will help centralize the position of the nipple/areola complexes on the breast mounds. In my practice, this repair is done with a 2 layered suture technique. The use of acellular dermal matrix is an option, depending on patient physical examination and history, especially if significant implant rippling/palpability is present. I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to revisionary breast surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes.