Looking for a doctor specialized in Asian blepharoplasty.

Hi, I'm 33 year old Asian female with undereye bags and hooded (double eyelid) eyes. I would like get both upper and lower eyelid surgery done at the same time. Please give a recommendation on a doctor that is highly experienced in Asian eyelid surgery. Please give me ballpark of how much it cost for both procedure. How long does it take for the bruising and swelling to go away or at least be able to cover with makeup and how long until the scars fade and look natural. Thank you

Finding the Asian eyelid surgeon

Essentially what you're looking for someone who performs Asian eyelid surgery very regularly.  Asian eyelid surgery is challenging and requires very specific skill set. Just look for someone who has a lot of photographic evidence and has shared a lot of information about Asian eyelid surgery.  The cost of the two procedures together could range anywhere from $6000 up to $10,000. Upper eyelid surgery or for Asian patients ranges from about $3500  to $6000 in our area.

Best of luck

Chase Lay, MD

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Simultaneous Asian Blepharoplasty and lower lid blepharopalsty

Hi there. Our hospital would charge £5050 for both these procedures to be done as a day case procedure under general anaesthetic/ twilight sedation. Most of our patients would take off 2 weeks off work for this although you will get a small amount of residual swelling for several weeks which can normally be hidden with eye makeup. Most of my Asian patients in your age group would do very well via a transconjunctival blepharoplasty so the associated swelling and bruising is fairly minimal

Best wishes
David

David Cheung, MBChB, Bsc(Hons), FRCOphth
Birmingham Oculoplastic Surgeon

Asian eyelid surgery

Thank you for sharing your question. Asian eyelids require special expertise with the unique anatomy, desired results and subtle nuances with the procedure. See an experienced, board-certified Oculoplastic Surgeon who operates regularly on Asian eyelids. 
Healing time (when it does not look like the eyelids just had surgery) takes about 2 weeks, but the healing process continues for many months.
Prices vary based on specialty of doctor, location of doctor, method of anesthesia and other factors.  I hope this helps. 
Good luck,