What would be the best method to reduce my large forehead and high hairline? (Photos)

I have a high hairline, wide forehead, and low brows. I also have a small chin and very short nose, which I am fine with, but causes my large forehead to look extremely disproportionate to the rest of my face. Possibly I'm just over analyzing myself but this has bothered me for as long as I can remember. I am much too young to look like I'm balding and this greatly upsets me. Would a hairline lowering and eyebrow lift be the best way to solve this issue?

What is the Best Technique to Reduce My Large foerhead?

I have a bias because we described a technique called the Irregular Trichophytic Hairline Incision Technique many years ago to lower the hairline in patients like you. Hair will grow through and in front of the incision after the procedure so the patient has total freedom of hair styling with hair of normal uniform density.

Hairline lowering browlift

If you have adequate flexibility of your forehead and scalp, the hairline can be stretched downward and the brows can be lifted upward in a single operation. You might need a small hair transplant session afterwards to adjust your result for what appears to be a preexisting cowlick. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD FACS
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hairline lowering

This is best in your situation to do with a hair transplant as shown on our website below. My wife had it done by my partner Dr. Pak and she looks awesome

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Forehead reduction

There are two ways to deal with your concerns.  The first involves a scar across your forehead at the hair line.  This scar allow you to lower your natural hairline and raise your eyebrows.  It's a pretty big surgery and has occasional complications.

The second option involved follicular hair grafts.  If you can find a plastic surgeon near you who is really good at hair transplantation, I'd go that route.

If you'd like, send me more photos, and I can help you a little more with my recommenations.

Rob

Robert K. Sigal, MD
Reston Plastic Surgeon

Female hairline lowering

A hair transplant in a young female is my first choice for you for several reasons.   There would be less pain, less recovery time and possibly less cost.   In addition, a hairline lowering procedure may leave a visible scar along your hairline.  A hair transplant via FUE or FUT method could be done and be more aesthetically pleasing.  Please see our website for more details.  

Parsa Mohebi, MD
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

Forehead surgery

Based on your photos you would benefit from hairline lowering and browlift procedure - a procedure we commonly perform. The incision is very irregular and placed in the hairline, the hair grows through the incision and camouflages it really well after 2-3 months. Hope this helps

Vartan Mardirossian, MD
Jupiter Facial Plastic Surgeon