I'm 13 days post op breast augmentation with 375cc under the muscle and my breast shape is different, is this normal? (Photo)

So I've done my research and I'm fully aware that it's too early post operatively to say but after the recovery I went through to have breasts I impatiently want close to perfection. Long story short I have hypersensitive breasts so my recovery was excruciatingly painful and I fear a revision. My left breast dropped quicker then the other but I also feel it's more REALLY round and fake looking which is NOT what I was going for. Right side is still tight and gets sore

Post Op Shape

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your recent procedure! You are very early in the healing process and are still experiencing some swelling. Your breasts will not begin to settle and become more natural until about the 3-6 month mark. Be patient with the healing and don't hesitate to express your concerns with your PS at follow up. Best of luck and congratulations again!

Shape

Thank you for the question and photos and you are way to early to be trying to evaluate your final result.  so try to be patient but express your concerns to your surgeon.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Post Operative Asymmetry in Breast Augmentation

Thank you for your question. As you already pointed out, it is too early to worry too much about subtle asymmetries. It is important, however, for you to point these out to your doctor as soon as possible. In our practice we often see slight asymmetries in the implant position that is easily addressed with either simple massaging or various forms of support bra. If there is concern for firmness of the implant your doctor may also recommend medications that are thought beneficial in the prevention of capsular contracture. Most importantly, a face to face contact with your doctor may help you relax! Good Luck. 

Anthony J. Wilson, MD
Portsmouth Physician

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Want final result and perfection at 13 days

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.

• I totally understand your concerns - every woman goes through the same thing.
  • You look as though you have a nice result -
  • Disappearance of swelling and settlling of the implants unfortunately take time.
  • One side always heals faster than the other.
  • You do appear to have rather large implants for your frame but presumably this is the size you want - when swelling is gone and you see your final result, you are likely to be pleased.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photographs.

I would recommend consulting with your surgeon so they can perform a physical examination. It appears you are still early in your recovery period and while there is swelling present, the breasts may appear uneven. Over the next 6-8 weeks the swelling should begin to resolve and the breasts will start to drop into their pockets and appear more natural and symmetrical. Everyone heals at different rates and one side may heal quicker than the other. I would wait until you are at least 6 months post op to make a final judgement on the symmetry and appearance of your breasts. Best of luck in your recovery.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Dropping of breasts

Generally speaking, especially early in the post-operative phase of healing, it is not uncommon to have one or both implants appear to be high up by the clavicle. Although the “pocket” may be made correctly, the implant may not have access to the bottom for several reasons. If the overlying muscle or skin is tight, this will move the implant to the path of least resistance which is up and towards the underarm where there is little or no pressure. As the pressure relaxes, the implant will drop down to the bottom. Smooth implants, because their surface is slippery, may move faster downward than a textured implant with its rough surface. Because these variables mentioned above can be different for each side, it's not uncommon that one side will drop faster to the bottom of the pocket than the other. Similarly, sometimes one breast will swell more than the other or be more painful than the other early in the postoperative phase. After the first month or two, usually things will even out. It wouldn't be, in my practice, until four months or so has passed that I would entertain going back to the operating room to “touch up” the location of the breast implant in the pocket. Sometimes specialized bras or straps as well as massage and stretching protocols may be helpful in allowing this process to happen more quickly. Each plastic surgeon will have different thoughts on what the best protocol is for the patient. Your operating plastic surgeon will be your best resource to have this information passed on to you. I recommend that you faithfully follow up and follow the instructions of your chosen plastic surgeon. Congratulations on your surgery, and good luck on an uneventful recovery.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS