Surgery for Close Set Eyes?

Is there any surgery that would widen the distance between the eyes of close set eyes?

Doctor Answers 1

Yes but not worth it

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Craniofacial surgeons are plastic surgeons who specialize in malformations of the face usually due to congenital issues. Often these malformations involve abnormal placement of the orbits (bones that contain the eyes). There occasionally they must perform large surgeries that involve cutting the facial bones, moving them and fixating them in the correct position.

Unfortunately, I doubt that your insurance would cover it and therefore you're looking at about 20K worth of surgery. In addition I don't think many surgeons would consider it.

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.