One of my incisions is exposing breast fat tissue and has some green discharge. (photo)

I had my breast reduction a little over a month ago and was healing well. My right breast has kind of split open where the lower incision come together and there is exposed fat tissue. Also just below my right nipple where those incisions meet is also split. My doctor says its okay and to just roll with it. He gave me some bandages and antibiotic cream. Well now there is odd green discharge on the bandages when I take them off but it doesn't small bad and there is no major swelling or redness.

One of my incisions is exposing breast fat tissue and has some green discharge

Thanks for the question. Unfortunately the wounds at your inverted T junction has broken down and this can happen. You doctor has asked you to just roll with it and at this stage that's all you can do, continue with regular dressings and stay in contact with your plastic surgeon. Good luck.

Dublin Plastic Surgeon

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}