Is a Clitoral Hood Reduction Usually Included in the Price of a Labiaplasty?

If not, how much does it usually increase the price by? Also, is there a way to make the labia minora thinner (as well as shorter) during a labiaplasty? And would the trim or wedge method be best to achieve this?

Clitoral hood reduction is only done during a labioplasty if it is necessary

Thank you for your question. A clitoral hood reduction is not done routinely and labioplasty. A clitoral hood reduction is only included when the patient requests they clitoral hood reduction when excessive hooding is present and the patient hopes to increase clitoral sensitivity.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Clitoral hood reduction prices

In my practice a clitoral hood reduction is a separate procedure with a separate fee.  The labiaplasty is a complementary but different procedure on the adjacent anatomic area.

David Stoker, MD

Clitoral hood reduction prices

David Stoker, MD

It can be done in conjunction and is included in the price.  The labia can be made thinner as well as shorter.  Either method can be utilized based upon patient preference.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Clitoral hood reduction and labiaplasty

Clitoral hood reduction can be performed during a labiaplasty in some cases, depending on the severity of the clitoral hood redundancy. We perform both procedures if needed. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 

Clitoral hood reduction and labiaplasty

Dr. Karamanoukian 

Clitoral hood reduction at the time of labiaplasty

An additional fee may be charged for clitoral hood reduction. It really depends on the surgeon (some do one fee that includes all, others do a more a la carte type of pricing). Even if your surgeon does not increase his/her fee, it may simply cost more because anesthesia and operating room fees are based on the time it takes for the surgery to be completed, and adding clitoral hood reduction does increase your time in the OR even if that increase is small. To answer your second question, yes you can make the labia minora thinner by taking some of the tissue below the skin out, but typically the goal is to reduce the length and preserve the deeper tissue and nerves as much as possible. Removing too much can be a big problem, both for cosmetic and functional reasons, and is hard to correct. Also keep in mind this tissue tends to thin out and shrink with age anyway. Lastly, I prefer an extended or modified wedge technique. The trim method theoretically puts you at higher risk of pain along the scar, scar contracture, risk of over-resection, and abnormal appearance to the labia. The wedge technique can actually refer to a number of different techniques, including a simple wedge or a modified/extended wedge. I personally like the modified/extended wedge because it orients the incisions in a way that they are more hidden and less likely to contract, and it maintains a more natural looking appearance, while still effectively reducing the excess labia. 

Clitoral Hood and Labiaplasty Contouring

In my practice, the cost of adjusting the clitoral hood is included in the price of the procedure.  While most women don't need adjustment of the hood, in some women that area of skin gets floopy and loose.  Its important to limit that removal to preserve normal sexual fuction of the clitorus and not overexpose it.

The type of resection of the extra labial minora depends on the shape and amount of the deformity and the experiences of the surgeon.  Sometimes I remove the extra and reconstruct one side differently than the other because they are shaped differently. Lots of different approaches work, though, and there is no one right or wrong way to do labiaplasty. I hope this helps.

Hood reduction and labiaplasty

can easily be done at the same time.  In my practice, I do not charge a separate fee at this time.  As you can see, each practice varies but I look at how much more time it takes and what is required before I consider additional fees.

Hood reduction and labiaplasty

Labiaplasty

Thank you for your labiaplasty question. 

• Clitoral hood reduction takes more time and has an additional fee.
  • The labia minora are usually quite thin.
  • They may thicken from chronic irritation which may need treatment. Reducing labia minora thickness can be done but is rarely needed.
  • Surgery reduces the length and height of the labia minora. The technique depends on the problem and includes W and Z plasties.
  • Fees in super-rich areas are usually higher than elsewhere.

Hope this helps!

Labiaplasty

Hope this helps!

Clitoral Hood Reduction and Labiaplasty

At least in my practice, clitoral hood reduction (aka hoodectomy) is a seperate procedure with an additional fee.  Hoodectomy requires extra precision working around the very important and sensitive clitoris and thus commands an extra charge.  When done correctly, it is very satisfying for the patient for both appearance and stimulation purposes.  When done by itself I charge $3000 - $3500, but when done in combination with labiaplasty I charge only an additional $1500.  Glad to help... twitter@drryanstanton

Clitoral Hood Reduction and Labiaplasty

Clitoral Hood Reduction and Labiaplasty: a la carte or prix fixe

The first question you should ask is "what bothers you about the appearance?" If the answer is the appearance of the clitoral hood and the labia minora, then both will require treatment. The technique(s) that are best for you are determined by your anatomy. The cost of the treatment will generally depend upon the complexity of the surgery. Obviously, a longer procedure will cost more than a short one. If you can't afford the procedure at present, financing or saving up are far better options than settling for an incomplete job. Keep in mind that having a combined labiaplasty/clitoral hood reduction will usually cost less when done in one, rather than two sessions especially if an operating room or facility fee is required.