Rhinoplasty. Will I have any nose bleeds after surgery?

I will be having a rhinoplasty soon to fix the breathing problems that I have and I can't hardly smell anything and I will have it done cosmetically too I wanted to ask if I will be having any nose bleeds after sergery and will they be packing it and how much brusing will I have thanks

Rhinoplasty and bleeding

It is not common to have a serious nosebleed after rhinoplasty.  Small amounts of drops coming down for the first 48 hours can happen if her nasal packing is not used.  Some surgeon's like to use packing and some do not.

Regards

Dr. J

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bleeding after rhinoplasty

Hello, thank you for your question.  Bleeding after a rhinoplasty is rare but can occur during the first 6 weeks of healing.  In our practice, we do not see this problem.  We have the patient use frequent saline nasal washes to help keep the nasal passages moist and this helps prevent any bleeding. 

Sincerley,
Dr. Fernau, MD, FACS, member of The Rhinoplasty Society

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Nose

mayrayis, please ask your surgoen these questions; only they can provide you with answers that fit their patients. good luck

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post-op rhinoplasty

Most noses will ooze a bit after surgery. How much depends upon so many factors.   Specific post-op instructions should be reviewed with your surgeon.

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question. It is important that you minimize the swelling and the potential for nose bleeds by avoiding any activities that would increase your blood pressure. These activities include lifting even the smallest items. Please consult with your board certified facial plastic surgeon for recovery guidelines and tips to avoid nose bleeds.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bleeding after a septoplasty and a rhinoplasty

It is normal  to have some bleeding the first 6-8 hours after a rhinoplasty procedure, but most bleeding usually stops by the first day. Significant nose bleeds within the first 2 weeks after a rhinoplasty are very rare. It's important not to take any blood thinners like aspirin. In our practice, there is no  painful packing placed inside the nose after the surgery.