Botox bump. Will a saline injection help?

I got Botox on my forehead 2 months ago and right after I always have bumps, however in one spot above my eyebrow, the bump seemed larger and more tender. I waited a few days and called the office. They recommended massaging and icing the spot. Well after 2 months it's still there. I've been getting botox for years with no problems. But I'm afraid after 2 months that it's permanent. Will a saline injection help? I'm so very nervous that I'm going to have this bump forever:( please help

Bump after Botox

This is not a common issue and you must remember that the injection is almost 100% saline so it won't benefit to get saline injected/ Return to your doctor and see what is going on and how it can be treated

Nashville Dermatologist

Bump After Botox

this is not common and should be seen in person to determine what is best.  Lasers, RF/ultrasound, or 5fu/steroid injections may help if this is scar.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Swelling After Botox

Thank you for your question and sorry that you are having some concerns about your appearance after Botox injection.  Some swelling at the site of Botox injection is normal and typically resolves within an hour or two.  Swelling at the site of Botox injection lasting 2 months is extremely rare.  It is possible that you developed a small hematoma at the site of injection.  If this is the case, it is likely to resolve completely with time.  Saline injections are unlikely to help.  I would advise you to see your injector for an in-person examination in order to best address your concerns and to determine the best course of action.  Best wishes!

Bump and Botox

Without a photo it is impossible to tell what is really happening since any bump from Botox should go away in an hour. I would definitely return to my treating physician fro examination  Best, Dr. Green

Bump after Botox

You may have developed a bruise/hematoma after the botox injection.  Seek an opinion from your physician.  A saline injection is unlikely to resolve the problem

Bump after Botox

Thank you for your question wendysue74. I am sorry to hear about your situation. Swelling may occur after any injection. Prolonged bumps are less common. Please follow up with your doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Swelling after Botox is a normal side effect

Swelling at the injection site is normal directly after Botox, and could last up for a few hours following your injections. Bumps or swelling 2 months post-procedure is very unusual, and warrants in-person examination by your physician. Please schedule a follow-up.

Mitchell Chasin, MD
Livingston Physician

Botox

Thank you for your question in regards to Botox. Its unlikely that you would have any benefits from a saline injection. It is best to follow up with your provider and review before and after photos as well. To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Botox bump

Thank you for your question. A bump 2 months after Botox needs to be examined further. I recommend you have an in-person exam by your injector to determine the cause.

Botox Bump. Will a saline injection help?

Thank you for your question. It is likely a saline injection will not help your bump. Without a photo it is difficult to assess what the culprit and treatment are. Chances are it will not be permanent. Perhaps consider being seen by a dermatologist to seek treatment if the area is bothering you. 

Hope this helps, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD