I had a tummy tuck a year ago. I have all this loose flab. Should my stomach be flat?

Expectations for Post-Op TT Results

Each person’s anatomy is unique and their result is as well. You cannot expect to achieve an identical result as seen on another individual. One key to a satisfying result is realistic expectations.

Additional procedures that may enhance the result are Liposuction, Breast Procedures, or Thigh Lift. Mommy makeovers usually include multiple operations.  Brazilian “butt enhancement” can be done at the same time to provide best body contours. Arm reduction or brachiaplasty is also common. Revision surgery is unusual but may be desired for several reasons. Most revisions should be done after 9-12 months.  One cause for revision surgery are “dog ears” at the ends of the incisions. These are small folds of excess skin that do not flatten over time.  They can be excised, suctioned or both.

Loose flab?

When you site the stomach skin will likely be a bit loose as this is normal or else you could not stand up straight.  How loose it is standing would determine if you need a revision.

Loose flab after tummy tuck

In general the abdominal area should be much tighter and flatter after a tummy tuck procedure. Unfortunately without seeing any of your before and after pictures, its difficult for me to comment on the specifics of your treatment. Good luck.

Mehdi K. Mazaheri, MD