What else can I put on it? Also is there an over the counter antibiotic I can take? (Photos)

I recently had a breast lift about 4 weeks ago over seas. My son by mistake kicked me and now one of my stich is irritated. Not sure if its infected. My doctor just asked me to put neosporin but its been a week since and I dont see much change or healing. What else can I put on it? and also is there an over the counter antibiotic I can take? please help im worried...

Post-Operative Breast Lift Healing

All surgical procedures carry some degree of risk Any breast operation can result in changes in sensation. This happens less with lifts than reductions but is still possible Occasionally, minor complications occur and do not affect the surgical outcome. Major complications associated with this procedure are rare. The suitability of the breast lift procedure and specific risks may be determined during you consultation.
#Hypertrophic or #keloid scars can be a problem. The worst are usually under the breast with an #AnchorLift or inverted “T”. These can be treated like all thickened scars with re-excision, laser, kenalog/5-FU injections, creams, silicone strips and other methods to reduce and improve healing.

If any of these do not help, then a good idea would be to look for a local surgeon who would schedule a consultation to look at the area in person and confirm what the absolute best option to assist in healing might be. Good luck.

I have an area by my incision that drains and doesn't heal.

You might have a rejecting suture that needs to be removed. So go to see your doctor to check the area for that. Once it's removed the area will heal, but you might have a little scar there.,

Open wound after breast lift out of the country

Thank you for asking about your breast lift.

• Please do not care for this yourself or rely on your regular doctor.
  • You need to be seen by a surgeon -
  • It is likely the problem is either a small infection or a reaction to a suture that needs to be removed.
  • You need surgical care - 

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Breast lift question

There are no over the counter antibiotics. The best thing to do is to find a local surgeon who will agree to take care of you.

Wound issues post breast lift

Thanks for your query and for the quality photos.

It appears that you have a small amount of skin loss with some granulation tissue present.  You should see your Plastic Surgeon for evaluation.  Bactroban (Mupirocin) is a prescription antiobiotic ointment which is much stronger than neosprin or bacitracin.  Some surgeons use silvadene as well.

The wounds commonly heal very well over time.

Best of luck.

Douglas Taranow, DO, FACOS

Incisions

If you have absorbable sutures then it is likely that this will heal with local wound care, but you should see a plastic surgeon for evaluation.

What else can I put on it? Also is there an over the counter antibiotic I can take?

I would see your surgeon again. You may be developing granulation tissue which needs more care than topical antibiotic. If there is granulation tissue it may need to be debrided.