I don't know if a Brazilian Butt Lift is worth it. Am i a good candidate? (photo)

I am a 45 y.o. male, weight 166 lbs., 5'11". i want to get lipo sculpture to define my six pack and get rid off my love handles and some thigh extra fat. At the same time, I want that fat to be transferred into my buttocks. i dont know if it would be worth it, or if the change would be noticeable on the buttocks area. A PS told me that it would be like 300cc on each cheek. Is that a lot? Also what is the percentage of fat loss after some time has passed? would i have some saggy skin around the waist? Would i get a decent result on buttock area volume?

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

Thank you for your question. From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for Vaser Hi definition liposculpture with fat grafting to the buttocks.  You should get a great result from liposculpture, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks. I have done many body contouring procedures and specialize in Vaser Hi Definition liposculpture. Vaser Hi Definition body sculpting requires extensive specialized training. I am one of few surgeons in the United States that was personally trained by Dr. Alfredo Hoyos, the surgeon that developed this technique. Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

The photos suggest that you would be a good candidate for liposuction of your abdomen and waist. In addition your buttocks should achieve greater definition, contouring and projection. While there is a very good chance  that the donor fat will stay, there is a chance that there may be some absorption of the fat. At 6 weeks, generally, one knows if the fat will survive. If you are serious about these procedures you should consult with a Board Certified PS with extensive experience performing the BBL. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

Fat transfer to buttocks

Fat transfer is an option for you and you will have most available fat around your waist.  The fat stays and you should see an increase in projection.  Sometimes it seems like things get smaller with time but mostly that is the immediate postoperative swelling going down.   I would place more than 300 cc if you have it available, and you probably have enough fat to get 500 or more per side.  

Thomas A. Pane, MD
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon