Would I benefit from a mini Facelift, an S lift or a more complicated face lift? (photos)

45 y.o. male. i want to know if i would benefit from just a mini facelift, S lift or a more complicated face lift. I want to correct the initial cheek drooping that comes with age. I dont like how my cheeks droop when i tilt my head. Later, I would add fillers to plump cheek area. Thanks.

MACS Lift or Midface Lift w/eyelid access and fat injection

Thanks for submitting your photos.Based on them there are two options for you:

1- lower eyelid access + midface lifting + fat injection procedures.  These can be combined and performed in one surgery, so will get only once anesthesia.

2- MACS lift surgery will be the second option for you.  After this surgery you will have a preauricular scar which will get nearly invisible after 8 month.

Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Type of facelift

There are many different techniques so it depends on your surgeon. Not all surgeons are good at all types so be careful not to fall for the marketing. It looks like you could probably get by with a short scar type of facelift. Frequently "mini" lifts give "mini" results which don't last too long.

What are your goals

Honestly, it's a little difficult to tell from your photographs and it's also important to determine what your goals are with a mini lift. Typically the s lift or mini lift, which is something we refer to as a weekend lift, addresses the jawline but does not give much correction in the area of the neck. Attached please find a video that describes this in moredetail.

Edwin F. Williams, III, MD
Latham Facial Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for a facelift

If you feel that your face does not reflect how young you feel on the inside, a facelift may be the solution to help you look and feel younger. During your consultation, your doctor will evaluate your skin texture and elasticity, as well as your underlying skin structure and your facial bone structure. Based on this evaluation, he/she will create a custom surgical plan, detailing specific techniques and recommendations to meet your goals. Your doctor should make sure you have a full understanding of what results to expect.Always insist on a board certified surgeon!

The best type of Facelift

Hello, Thanks for your question. I am sure you will get many replies to this topic, but what I thought I'd do, is include an editorial discussing different types of facelifts and how a facelift is performed. It may help you decide and understand the details as you look for information.I Hope this is helpful,James P. Bonaparte

James Bonaparte, MD, MSc, FRCSC
Ottawa Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift vs. Mini facelift...

The deciding factor between and mini facelift and a more traditional facelift would be the neck. If the neck is pretty heavy or loose, a more traditional lift will be needed for a long lasting result. If it is just the jawline, then a mini facelift can be performed with nice results. Either way, you should also undergo fat transfer to the cheeks to address the hollows. Be sure to see a facial specialist for consultation.

Andrew Miller, MD
Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift options

Don't let the confusing array of terms thrown around out there get in the way of what is really your most important choice - who you chose as your plastic surgeon for your facial rejuvenation procedure.  Your surgeon should be someone with great qualifications and a great reputation, and someone you trust to give you the best advice in addition to providing you with top level surgical skills.  Your plastic surgeon should be able to explain and describe to you the techniques (and the simplest and least risky ways) which will best deliver the goals you seek.  The "name" of the procedure is not nearly as important.  The many "facelift" terms have a wide variability of definition to different surgeons - a "mini" might not be a lift at all, or it could have smaller incisions but actually be more complex internally than a "complex facelift"!

Lyle M. Back, MD
Cherry Hill Plastic Surgeon

Would I Benefit From a Mini Facelift

Hello Walt, Thank you for posting your photographs with your interesting question. Most 45 year old men in good shape begin to show signs of aging in heir face. At this point most of your aging is due to loss of facial bone volume producing signs of aging such as deepening of the nasolabial  folds and cheek drooping. You still posses a youthful jawline. Pulling the cheek skin will give a smoother appearance, but will not restore the natural  youthful convex cheek contour that you are anticipating, I would recommend restoring the cheeks and face with a facial volumizer, Sculptra Aesthetic, that lasts 2 years. At the time of your consultation, I recommend that you bring a photograph of yourself from 5 years ago for comparison.. I recommedn that you have a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who can examine you, answer all of your questions and recommend your best options. Best wishes, Dr. Richard Swift

Facelift for early aging change?

I can appreciate the changes you are starting to see in your mid forties. Sometimes, a mini facelift for someone in their early to mid forties can be a good choice, leading a satisfactory and long term improvement. However, quite often we also see patients who just dont have enough aging change to warrant a surgical intervention. Your pictures, to me, suggest that you may be in this category. Please be cautious, and take your time making a decision. Best of luck.

Patrick J. Byrne, MD, FACS
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Mini-Facelift NYC

Walt.   appears that you may be a candidate for Mini-Facelift. My preference is the MACS Lift, which was developed in Europe for patients who only require a modest lift in the neck or mid-face regions. The procedure is less invasive and requires less down time. Check out the link below to an article I wrote about the subject. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon Good Luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD