Our liposuction costs depend on the amount of work that is expected
Lipo is a procedure. How much of it is required varies from person to person. So there is no 'one fee' for liposuction. In our clinic I assess all patients and then determine the cost based on how many areas are being treated, how much is being taken out.... all this really represents how much time the procedure will take. A shorter procedure is cheaper, a longer procedure is more expensive.
The other factor is the complexity of the procedure. Some are simple liposuctions, others may require finesse which means going slowly and carefully, again adding to the overall time of the procedure.
Liposuction - how is it priced?
Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
- Liposuction costs are determined by every surgeon - there is no one approach
- The price will vary depending on how many areas are treated, how much time is involved, what machine is used, what anesthesia is used and if position changes, e.g. from back to front, are needed.
- Additional costs may be involved for liposuction in certain areas e.g. the neck, for instance.
- You cannot know how much your liposuction will cost until you are personally examined by your surgeon.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
Liposuction, VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring - PRICE
Liposuction costs depends on experience, technique used/devices used, location of the country, number or areas, starting size etc. There is a lot that goes into the pricing including anesthesia and OR costs. Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer.
Each surgeon may have different fees and delineation of fees and areas based upon his own set of criteria. You need to see a surgeon you like and then go from there.
What typically determines the price quote for liposuction?
Thank you for sharing your question. Each surgeon addresses the cost of liposuction differently, with some charging by the area treated while others based on the time. I would ask your surgeon's office the specifics of their billing practice so that you can have the clearest explanation. Best wishes.
- The cost of liposuction will vary depending on location, specialty (plastic surgery more than general surgery more than general practitioners), but most importantly the time it will take. Someone with a little spot won't pay much. Whereas a full body makeover will cover significantly more.
- Everyone thinks they can do liposuction. However if you look at all the disastrous results is becomes clear that doing beautiful liposuction work is hard. Creating natural and symmetric contours is not something people learn on a weekend course. It takes years to master how to best sculpt the body. Choose your surgeon wisely and don't let a bargain sway you. You might just get what you pay for. Correcting problems such as divots will cost way more than just paying for a skilled surgeon in the first place.
- Dr Rodger Shortt strives to be the best plastic surgeon. He is one of the few plastic surgeons in Canada with a top 5-star rating on Realself, RateMD, and Ontario Doctor Review. He is an Assistant Clinical Professor and the Director of Cosmetic Surgery Training for McMaster University. He serves patients from the GTA including Toronto, Oakville, Mississauga, Georgetown, Brampton, Burlington, Milton, and Hamilton.
What typically determines the price quote for lipo?
Price may depend on time needed, anesthesia, number and size of areas treated, type of lipo used, and surgeon experience.
Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Fat Transfer/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Liposuction Revision/Tummy Tuck/Body Contouring
I appreciate your question.
Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc. I would recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery and who is also a member of The American Society of Plastic Surgery. You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations.
The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.
Best of luck!
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon