So I'm a little over 3 months post op. My belly button umbilicus keeps swelling outward? (Photo)

I had a full TT with umbilical hernia repair and a diastasis rect repair..The only way i can get it to go back in is when i pack it or wear a compression garmet. But shortly after removing either method it swells back out. Not sure if there is an issue with the umbilical repair or if i should just wait or how long does it take for this to reslove. Just need some advice.

Umbilical swelling

Thank you for your question and for posting photos. It always helps to see before photos as well as after photos so one gets an idea of what things looked like before surgery. At 3 months most of the swelling should be resolved. However, it can take 6  months to a year for swelling to completely resolve. 
In this situation, I think the best thing to do, is to make an appointment with you plastic surgeon and ask him what he thinks is going on. This may be due to swelling but I think at this time that is unlikely. But as I said, I think the best thing to do is to speak to your plastic surgeon because only he can actually physically examine you and only he knows what was done during surgery. Hope this helps and good luck!

Ankur Mehta MD
Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon