3 months post-op tummy tuck: problems ever since - belly is very swollen and hard. (photo)

It cost 10,000 dollars and I have no more money to spend on this. Do they fix it up for free? The whole reason I got this was to have a flat tummy and it's swollen like I'm pregnant and has hard spots all over it. My side things hang over like a muffin top too. My belly button looks gross. I'm so disappointed. I've been drained before but I recently had an ultrasound and they said they saw blood fliluid built up but they didn't do anything and said to come back in two months. I'm worried

Post op swelling

I am so sorry that you are so frustrated with your results. No surgeon likes an unhappy patient. You definitely need to get this checked out in person by your surgeon and discuss your options. Post op swelling can take between 6 months and a year to fully resolve, but this looks extreme. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Belly not right?

Your abdomen does not look right; looks extremely bloated; you really need to have a physical examination to be performed by a board certified plastic surgeon so that they can determine what is really going on.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Post tummy tuck question

Hi, I'm sorry you're having these issues. Usually, the best bet is to see your surgeon and express your concerns to him/her. That's the best starting point. He/she can then let you know your options. 

All the best in your recovery,

Dr. Blagg

Austin, TX

Post op

Thanks for your question. The photo doesn't show much unfortunately. I think that you and your surgeon need to discuss what is going on. If there is fluid that is causing the swelling, then it needs to be drained. Most surgeons will revise things the first year and the only charge is to cover anesthesia and the OR. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Concerns after a tummy tuck

It seems you have a number of things to address. You really need to sit down with your plastic surgeon to give you a good idea of what the future might bring as far as ongoing healing and improvement of some of these things. They should be able to give you a good idea of whether any revisions might be needed.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question and series of photographs and I am sorry that your results have not been what you anticipated.  It is difficult without an in-person examination to determine what may be taking place.  Most commonly this is residual swelling from surgery which will spontaneously resolve but it would be important to voice your concerns to your surgeon to ensure that other issues are not taking place - discrete fluid collection, muscle laxity, or residual adipose tissue.