I've had fever blisters all of my life. I'm 60, with thin lips. Will this affect the smoothness after injections?

Lip Fillers?

Thank you for your question!  I advise you to have a consultation, with a board certified plastic surgeon.  Discuss all of your concerns and do your research!  Best of luck!
Dr Dhaval Patel Double Board Certified  Plastic Surgeon Chicago Hoffman Estates Oak Brook

Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation

Thank you for your question. There is some scar tissue associated with repeated fever blisters, and this is something to be discussed with your practitioner. I hope this helps!

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Lip augmentation

I have augmented lips in patients with cold sores etc. and not really had any problems as far as shape form and smoothness. I strong recommend that your physician use suppressive medications before you get injected,
Good Luck

Stephen M. Davis, MD, FACS
Green Hills Plastic Surgery

Lip Augmentation

Lip Augmentation is an art and the proper filler and location and amount of injection will create a fuller lip with smoothness and the proper contours. Herpes Infections should have no interaction with the smoothness of the lip.  If you frequently get infections, I would advise you to treat with Valtrex before your lip injections.  For the best cosmetic results please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience in lip injections and cosmetic procedures.

Lip augmentation

Thank you for your question.  Fever blisters, cold sores, and herpe simplex lesions typically involve the outer mucosa.  Lip augmentation is performed at a much deeper level.  If you have scarring of your mucosa, the area involved may not expand as well as the unscarred portions.  However, many patients have histories of lesions and do well with lip augmentation.  Consult with your surgeon, but I typically recommend acyclovir (or similar medication) pre and post procedure for suppression of an outbreak.

John Renucci, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon