Tummy Tuck and abdominal lipo together?

I need a TT, but I also have a lot of stomach fat. I would need stomach lipo, at least at the top. Would getting lipo at the top of my stomach, above the belly button, prevent me from getting a tummy tuck at the same time? Even if it's not aggressive lipo? I figure the TT would take care of the lower stomach fat. I can't afford to do this twice. It would take years. Nor do I want to go through the the pain more than once. But I also don't want necrosis of my stomach tissue.

Combining liposuction with a tummy tuck

Combining liposuction with a tummy tuck is always a compromise. It's commonly done and the risk of necrosis (dead skin and fat) is only slightly increased. I find that I can take away more fat and get a tighter tummy if the liposuction is done first and the tummy tuck is done later. It's a personal choice, but I think a staged procedure is safer and gives a better result.

Combining liposuction with a tummy tuck

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Combined Tummy Tuck and Liposuction Surgery

There are many procedures used to treat the abdomen. These incude abdominoplasty (tummy-tuck) and/or liposuction. Tummy tuck can be full, limited incision or confined only to the lower abdomen. Liposuction can be perfomed alone or in combination with tummy tuck. It is safe to do both. Best to see a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS) that has experience in these procedures.

John A. Perrotti, MD

John A. Perrotti, MD

Tummy tuck and liposuction

This is a great question, which i hear in my practice often.  We should be able to sculpt your abdomen to the shape you desire. We have a few limitations however. Is the fat which we seen inside or outside the abdomen? Fat inside the abdomen (which can give you a round shape to the abdomen) we cannot address. Fat outside the abdomen we have many tools to use. Liposuction is a great tool, but not the only one which can safely address your concerns. I wish you well

Tummy tuck and liposuction

Tummy Tuck and abdominal lipo together?

Its certainly possible but without examining you it is difficult to know for sure. The only way to know for sure is to book a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon near you to see what your options are. Best of luck! 

Tummy Tuck and abdominal lipo together?

Multiple procedures, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
For safety reasons, to be a good candidate for  TT+Lipo at the same time, your labs and cardiovascular preoperative evaluation must be optimal.
Therefore, you must be a healthy person, within an appropriate BMI and no history of diseases that increase the surgical / anesthetic risk degree.
Finally, I recommend you a skilled certified plastic surgeon in body contouring surgery and experienced in cases like yours where the planned operating time is less than five hours.
Send your photos to give you better advices.
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Multiple procedures, some advices:

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Tummy tuck and lipo together

With a tummy tuck, the entire abdominal skin is lifted in order to expand the upper abdominal skin to cover the lower abdomen where skin was removed. My preference is to remove the fat directly in the upper abdomen, which preserves the circulation in the superficial layer close to the skin. Adjacent areas can be liposuctioned but there is rarely a reason to stage the procedures rather than doing it at once.

Tummy tuck and lipo together

Tummy Tuck and Lipo?

Thank you for your question. It is difficult to make specific recommendations without seeing photographs. Liposuction can be performed, if necessary, at the time of your tummy tuck. However, if you have good skin tone and minimal muscle separation, liposuction alone may be all you need. It is best to see a board certified plastic surgeon who commonly performs tummy tuck surgery for an in-person examination. Hope this helps.

Tummy Tuck and Lipo?

Tummy tuck and liposuction together

Hello and thank you for your question. You certainly can and should get the the 2 together.  I standardly perform upper abdominal and flank liposuction at the time of a tummy tuck. 
Peter Fisher M.D 

Tummy tuck and liposuction together

Peter Fisher M.D 

Tummy tuck or liposuction

Without seeing you in person or a photo, impossible to comment accurately. But assuming that you do not have loose skin (which can only be corrected with a tummy tuck), you may be able to get away with liposuction alone. Whichever way you go, it is important to be at a maintainable weight prior to cosmetic surgery in order to insure excellent results. 
My best,
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Tummy tuck or liposuction

My best,
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Often done together

If you have good skin quality then a tummy tuck is unnecessary. You can just get liposuction on your stomach and it should recontour the area. However, loose skin can only be removed with a tummy tuck, and lipo can be done at the same time as part of the surgery. The only way adequate advice could be given is if you provide more details about your stomach condition.  Photos will also help.

Often done together