Which procedures would be best to correct my sagging tummy? (photos)

Do I need abdominoplasty plus liposuction to correct my sagging tummy? I'm not sure whether I have diastasis recti. When I lie on my back and lift my head, I don't feel a gap in my belly, but it sure sags more after I eat. I guess I need the abdominiplasty to remove excess skin anyway, right? Am I a good candidate and can I expect a good outcome? I am in my 40s. I had one child 2 years ago. I weigh 150. I'm 5'9". I exercise regularly and eat well. I am happy with my body except for this belly!

Which procedures would be best to correct my sagging tummy?

You are a better candidate for a tummy tuck. Look at reviews and before and after pictures as well as credentials to select your surgeon.

Based on your history and photographs, I am almost certainly convinced that you have a significant diastasis recti (spreading of the abdominal wall muscles). Also, assuming you are in good health and have completed pregnancies, I think that you will do very well with a full tummy tuck operation. Liposuctioning is often used as a tool during the tummy tuck operation to help contour certain areas. Select your plastic surgeon carefully and communicate your goals carefully as well.  Prepare yourself for a significant physical and emotional recovery period,  often underestimated by patients. You may find attached link, dedicated to tummy tuck surgery concerns helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

Options to improve tummy after children (tummy tuck or liposuction)

Childbirth will change a woman's abdomen, both in the muscles and the soft tissues.  The options are many and are guided by the actual physical exam.  So find an experienced board-certified plastic surgeon so you can have both a consultation and exam.  Most women who have had children benefit form a full tummy tuck with muscle repair, but rely on an in-person evaluation for best advice..  

Below is a link to a blog that explains many of the options available for patients who are considering tummy tuck or liposuction.

Heather J. Furnas, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck

It's hard to tell whether you have a significant diastasis just from the photo, but judging by my experience, you most likely have one, based on the shape of your abdomen.  A physical exam by a board certified plastic surgeon will sort that out. Based on the picture alone, an abdominoplasty with liposuction of the flanks (love handles) will give you a pretty result and a flat tummy.  You will lose a bit of that tattoo, though!

Cheers!