Best procedure for me? (Photos)

I am looking at upper eyelid surgery and nose tip refinement maybe a peel for lines above lips and general fine lines. I was looking at eyebrow lift but from what I read my eyebrows don't seem to sit low enough and I may still need lids down anyway. Is a lower facelift something to consider for jowls or will fillers suffice for now?

Most Effective Facelift Procedures for Jowls, Eyes and Neck

During your #consultation, your skin texture and elasticity, as well as your underlying skin structure and your facial bone structure will be evaluated. Based on this evaluation, your board certified plastic surgeons will create a custom surgical plan, detailing specific techniques and recommendations to meet your goals. In doing so, he or she should be sure to have a full understanding of what results you expect.

If you are not a #candidate, your surgeon can make other suggestions to address your concerns and objectives. Patients who desire facial rejuvenation that is affordable, quick, and effective should consider the Lite-lift™. Like the Life-Style™ facelift, this is a modified facelift that can be performed in the office with a local anesthetic and improve signs of aging around the neck, jawbone and lower face. These procedures are not "Thread-lifts" or "String-lifts". We do not use the "barbed" sutures employed in these other lifting operations. The Lite-lift™ uses longer lasting techniques that are discussed below. Because the incisions are limited, there is less bruising, swelling and healing time for most patients. Many patients can be back to work in one to two weeks looking rested and more youthful.
The best candidates for #LiteLift are non-smoking patients 35-60 years old with early changes of the lower face and the neck. But whose skin has elasticity with well defined bone structure. Older patients who cannot or do not wish to have a longer operation or general anesthetic may also be a candidate for a Lite Lift™.

It is also possible to #combine #surgeries. In fact, I commonly recommend other procedures to go accompany a facelift, such as blepharoplasty or a midface (cheek) lift, to name a few. The combination of multiple of facial procedures may create an optimal result.

The Concept Facelift Targeting Lower Face and Jowls

Thank you for your questions and picture Tamzink. I have pioneered my Concept Facelift, performed under local anaesthetic this innovative procedure combines the latest surgical techniques with the use of local anaesthetic to dramatically reduce the risks associated with traditional facelifts, while significantly reducing the bruising and downtime of your recovery, from months to a matter of days. I feel this procedure would be extremely suited to you, restoring the contour of your jowls and neck.

The Concept™ facelift is suitable for men and women who wish to reduce sagging in the lower face and neck and regain a more natural, rejuvenated appearance. The procedure is less invasive than a traditional facelift and there is less scarring, bruising and swelling for a significantly quicker recovery period. The Concept Facelift is a guide price of £6,000.  A lot of my patient will combine this procedure with Upper Eyelid Surgery removing excess skin and re-opening the eyes, giving patients a fresh, youthful appearance.

What are the benefits of The Concept Facelift:

• Minimally invasive as it is a short scar facelift
  • There is minimal bruising and swelling, especially when compared to traditional facelifts
  • As the procedure is performed under local anaesthetic, you can go straight home following the procedure
  • Full recovery in a matter of days rather than months
  • Significantly less risk than Facelifts performed under general anaesthetic
  • Fresh, youthful and long lasting results
Good Luck with your future procedures!!

Lower vs. full face lift

It appears, in particular when considering your neck, that lower face and neck lift or full face lift (not much of difference in your case) should be a procedure to consider on top of eyelid and nose surgery. It can be done in the same surgery with one recovery time

You should discuss your goals and options with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck.

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Facial Rejuvenation to Combat the signs of Aging

Dear tamzink, Personally I believe that surgery is the best option for laxity in the facial tissues in a patient like yourself. Filling jowls with filler will not provide the natural and youthful appearance that surgery will. In patients like yourself with skin laxity in the upper and lower portions of the face I suggest endoscopic browlift, upper and lower lid blepharoplasty and a lower face and necklift. You may also consider after these procedures a laser skin resurfacing as the final "icing on the cake" As far as your nose this can be addressed with rhinoplasty surgery which will help refine your tip, reduce the dorsum and provide an overall well balanced facial aesthetic. I have included a patient in the video above with similar complaints and a link below for rhinoplasty before and afters to show you examples of natural looking results. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Upper eyelids and lower face neck lift

The photographs demonstrate adequate brow height, therefore a brow lift is not required. The hooded and excess skin on the upper lids can be addressed with an upper eyelid blepharoplasty procedure.The loose and inelastic skin in the neck along with the jowls are addressed with a lower face and neck lift. For many examples of both procedures, please see the link and the video below

Facial Aging and Lasers like Fraxel/Clear + Brilliant, RF like VIVA, Peels, Fillers, Skin Care, Face Lift, Fat Injections

you need a formal consultation to go over all the components of aging and the options you have.  skin tightneing, facial volume, wrinkles/complexion can all be treated with a combination approach.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Best procedure for me?

The definition of facial rejuvenation varies from surgeon to surgeon and means different things to different patients. In general it is the process to try to reverse the facial appearance caused by aging. It may involve improving the skin texture and complexion, diminishing skin discoloration, minimizing fine lines and wrinkles, contouring hollows, or tightening loose tissue that has lost its elasticity.

There are a variety of procedures, both non-surgical and surgical which can be utilized to achieve these various goals. Fillers, Botox or Dysport, micro-fat grafts, chemical peels, a skin care program, lasers, skin tightening, and surgical lifts are some of the methods that are used to achieve a cosmetic improvement. Each has advantages and disadvantages as well as limitations of what they can achieve. The best technique or combination of procedures depends on desired outcome, individual anatomy, underlying medical health, and extent of aging. There is no one approach that is ideal for everyone.

I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with who has all of the modalities of treatment available. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Facial rejuvenation needs to be individualized. What would be an ideal approach for one patient is not necessarily the same for someone else. Based on the examination and discussion at the consultation, you should have a better understanding of the various options that can achieve the best cosmetic result for you.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon