What are my best options for my face with flat dark spots, acne spots, and sunspots? Chemical peel, photo facial, or...?

I have 1-2mm FLAT medium brown to blackish marks on face. Some of them might be sunspots, while others have been there since I was younger. Would my best option be chemical peels or photo facial or something else? I want clear skin

Chemical peels in Los Angeles

In our office, we use a combination protocol for brown spots that includes chemical peels (Melapeel) and topical therapy with Melarase creams. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles

Brown Spots on Face

without pictures we cannot know if these are sun spots, aging, keratoses etc. However, fractional co2 laser work well for all these conditions.  I suggest you see a cosmetic laser dermatologist for a facial aging consult.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Treatment of brown spots

Hi, I just added a couple of links that might be helpful...

Hi UnsureSuzy. The decision on whether to use skin care products, chemical peels, lasers etc. is partly determined by your skin type, specifically the tendency to hyperpigment, ethnicity/genetic background.  Also, it is important for you to consider your ability to have some downtime (i.e. redness, peeling) or restrictions on activities/work, and whether you prefer to use products at home or whether you want to be pampered in the office.  A skin analysis and office consultation by a board certified Plastic Surgeon will go over all of your options, consider your preferences and look at the products you are currently using.  Aestheticians and laser specialists overseen by a Plastic surgeon can devise a long term skin plan that will help prevent the recurrence of the brown spots too.  Good luck!

Sun spots and brown spots

Fortunately there are so many ways to address unwanted brown spots. It's really very important to first identify what type of spots these are, and a dermatologist should be able to easily do that. Next, the color of the spots and color of your normal skin factor into choice of treatment- some peels are more effective than others but unsafe on dark skin etc. 

IPL may require more than one treatment. 

Estee Williams, MD