What can I do about over liposuction of flanks? (photos)

I went to a very reputable dr known for great success with bbl surgeries. When he advised me of the areas he would be removing fat from, I trusted that he would consider my body as a whole and, as I told him, " do what he feels matches my body" as far as buttock shape and size. I understand he likely removed the flanks to give my butt the appearance of a shelf, but now my waist is no longer curvy. It is straight like a long column. Can this be corrected? I paid 10k and lost my natural curve.

Removal of too much fat

This is a good example of "more is not necessarily better". With liposuction the goal is not to remove all the fat, or as much fat as possible, but to contour the body. Leaving the right amount of fat behind is the key. Without seeing photos I cant give you a specific recommendation but one possible option is to do a fat transfer to the areas that need it. Of course, you would need to have excess fat somewhere else where the fat can be taken from. Best of luck.

paul wigoda, md
drwigoda.com

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Hour Glass Figure

Liposuction is truly lipo sculpting.   So it doesn't matter how much fat is removed but how you are "sculpted".   Even in best of hands-  expectations have to match realistic results 

Without  seeing standardized front, 3/4 view and back view with hands by your side -  it is impossible to assess 

Sometimes a tummy tuck will help the curves by pulling skin inward and sometimes touch up LIpo may be helpful 

Best to share your concerns with your doctor and see what options are available.   

Mark Mandell-Brown, MD
Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon

What can I do about over liposuction of flanks?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift…

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

SculpSure

Thank you for your question. SculpSure provides the benefit of a non-surgical in-office 25-minute treatment with little to no recovery time. It can be superior to bbl surgeries in the sense that it works for toning rather than complete fat removal.

Schedule a follow-up consultation with the surgeon who performed your surgery to discuss how to remedy and reach your goals. Always consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction results

Would it be possible to see the postoperative pictures? It is impossible to comment on the results without seeing them.

Ciro Adamo, PhD, MD
London Plastic Surgeon

I am confused? Your postings state how wonderful your surgeon is/was, now you post issues, with photos that do not show post op results?? Please correct so we can respond??????