Labiaplasty in Cleveland Ohio

I am in my twenties and am not happy with my labia. I wanted to post pictures but am too embarrassed. I have large labia that bother me especially when I am with my partner. I live in the suburbs of Cleveland Ohio. I am looking for a surgeon in the area because I do not have the money to travel. Do you have any recommendations?

Should you get labiaplasty?

First, let me reassure you that your labia appearance is normal. However there is a trend to have less prominent labia, but this is a matter of choice and there are no medical reasons to do so other than improving your appearance down there. Candidates for a Labiaplasty procedure are women who are concerned about the appearance of their labia or experience discomfort due to exceptionally large or long labia of either the inner our outer lips. Labia unevenness can result in discomfort with intimate contact, chronic rubbing, as well as psychological discomfort, which leads to the inability to wear certain types of tight clothing. Most women live with these symptoms, and actually are not even aware that a certain surgical procedure exists to help to correct this problem and restore their femininity.

Don't settle for a local doc unless they are a labiaplasty expert

Labiaplasty is an excellent option for reducing the size of enlarged labia so long as your procedure doesn't get botched. You would be better off saving up a few more dollars to travel to the expert of your choosing than rolling the dice with a local non-expert because of impatience. Once botched, you will have no choice than to take a trip to an expert who will charge you top dollar to revise your disastrous results and you might not be completely fixable.

Labiaplasty: Cosmetic Urology in Cleveland, Ohio

Labiaplasty is a cosmetic procedure that may improve one's confidence and resolve physical issues that one may have with an enlarged labia minora.  Clitoral hood reduction may also be indicated depending on the findings on physical examination.  There are several types of surgeons who promote themselves as performing labiaplasty, but a Cosmetic Urologist can offer unique qualifications compared to plastic surgeons, gynecologists and general urologists.  Cosmetic Urologists typically have both extensive training and experience in both cosmetic and reconstructive genital surgery.  Unlike the large number of these other specialists, there is a much smaller number of qualified Cosmetic Urologists who are dedicated to the surgery of the genitalia.  Other specialists may not have practices dedicated solely to the genitalia -- plastic surgeons may also be performing breast implants and facelifts, gynecologists may also be performing hysterectomies and caring for menopause, and general urologists may also be performing surgery for prostate cancer and erectile dysfunction.   Since you are asking for surgeons in the Cleveland, Ohio area, I would recommend doing a search in RealSelfunder "Find A Doctor":  1) Choose "Cleveland" under "Find Doctors By City"; 2) click on "Show More" under "Find Cleveland Doctors By Treatment"; and, 3) then choose "Labiaplasty".  I hope that this helps.

Best of luck.    

Jeffrey S. Palmer, MD, FACS, FAAP (Cosmetic Urologist -- Cleveland, Ohio)

Jeffrey S. Palmer, MD, FACS, FAAP
Cleveland Urologist

Plastic Surgeon for Labiaplasty

It’s important to find a plastic surgeon who is board certified and fully accredited with many years of experience in vaginal rejuvenation. Ensure you are looking at his/her before and after photos, and make sure they are in line with your expectations. Always do your research and go with a surgeon that will not only listen to your concerns, but one that will make you feel comfortable as well.

Labiaplasty in Cleveland

Hello and thank you for your question. There is most likely a plastic surgeon in your area that is a labiaplasty specialist that you could set up a consultation with. It is preferred to find a board certified specialist as this doctor will have a much higher chance for a favorable outcome, but remember no results can be guaranteed. You should not be embarrassed by the appearance of your labia as an enlarged labia minora is very common. I recommend doing your best to find a plastic surgeon based on their experience and past surgical results instead solely on price. Research the procedure! Know what goes into reducing the labia and the different methods used by plastic surgeons (wedge, trim method). Having a grasp of this will make it easier to communicate your goals and concerns to your surgeon. 

Traci Temmen, MD

Labiaplasty

Labiaplasty is a very rewarding operation that improves form and function of the external vaginal area.  There are many providers that offer this procedure.  The key is to make sure they are a board certified surgeon who has performed this procedure many times with before after pictures to prove it.  Good luck

Gaurav Bharti, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Choose surgeon wisely

Please choose a surgeon wisely and if you must choose based upon location choose a surgeon based upon:  experience, expertise, reputation and results.  Results are best noted by the before and after photos they have on their website as well as testimonials specific to labiaplasty and not a bunch of other topics ( i.e. botox, breast augmentation, fillers etc...). Choosing a surgeon should be one of the most important decisions you make this year as it will affect you the rest of your life.